The weather has been getting hotter lately, so we decided to cool off today by going to the pool. I took my kids and four of my nieces with me. The pool was great, and even though the indoor pool was closed, the outdoor pool wasn't overly crowded.
I love to see the different types of people who come to the pool. Most of them are kids around the age of my kids. They come to splash and have fun and play. It's amazing what a good time they have!
Then there are the moms who come to socialize while their kids are swimming. Or moms who are just watching while their kids swim. A word to the wise from my sister-in-law: when just observing from the sidelines, make sure to wear clothing that dries quickly as you may have to jump in to get your kid when he has swam out farther than he intended. ;)
Then there are the teenagers, coming to get skin cancer. Once upon a time, I too was a crazy teenager who "laid out" in order to turn from a pasty white to a nice brown color. It never worked. I would burn, peel, and fade. I tan better now than I ever did as a kid, but if I were interested in getting myself tan, I definitely would not want to inflict the public with my whiteness. The words, "I'm blind! I can't see!" come into mind. I'm not a farmer, but boy do my arms have the tan to rival them!
All in all it was a good day. Riley loves the water and found out he can walk down the ramp into the water. He was going up and down all afternoon. We headed home before it turned too cloudy. Now, if I could just get those clouds to rain!
3 comments:
I haven't been to the pool here for a long time. I wish that it had more of a kiddie area for the little kids to play in, that is one main reason we don't go. We did go over to Orderville on Sat to their new pool and had a blast. They do have a little kiddie pool. We just buy a pool and slipe-n-slide (but I can't find one this summer) and the kids play in those.
Glad you guys had fun at the pool and had a chance to cool off!
I still remember the smell of the pool there..ah, chlorine! I'm not sure if I've actually been to a city pool like that since I've moved.
Oh yeah, thats because I don't swim. My poor kids will be so deprived. Lucky for them the neighbors keep bringing out their kiddie pool.
I love to swim. One summer I went almost every evening (M-F) and every Saturday morning. I loved it! It helped keep me cool, even hours after.
I'm usually either red or white, too, though I can tan if it's really, really gradual.
Post a Comment