Yeah, yeah, I know. Baking cookies on the week I've started being healthy doesn't sound like a good idea. But, I realized if I take them to my family, it's not like I end up with three dozen for myself. And working out makes it a bit easier to tell myself, "NO." Besides, these cookies have oatmeal, whole wheat flour and pecans.
Anyway, I thought I'd share this recipe with you. It's quite tasty. I got it from the Crisco website. I tweaked it a little bit, and they turned out beautifully. They're crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Mmmmmm....
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
1 cup Crisco Butter Shortening
2 cups packed brown sugar (I changed from 1 c. white, 1 c. brown to 2 c. brown)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 eggs
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1Tbsp vanilla (the original called for 1 tsp)
2 cups uncooked quick oats
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup finely chopped pecans
Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt; stir until combined. In electric mixer combine brown sugar, Crisco, eggs, vanilla, and milk. Mix on medium speed until well blended. Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture. Add oats, chocolate chips, and pecans. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls (I use a small scooper) 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
Bake for 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Do not overbake. I mean it. They'll be too crunchy and you'll say to yourself, "I should have done what the recipe said." Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet and then remove cookies to cooling racks to cool completely.
Enjoy!
2 comments:
Mmmmm. The cookies sound great!!! I've never been a big fan of my cookie-making skills, so I love recipes that seem fool-proof. Thank you! When I make them, someday, I'll bring you over a plate. If they turn out - I'm not joking about my cookie skills!
I can almost guarantee the problem with your "cookie skills" is the stupid high altitude. I had to learn to adjust and know what consistency the dough needs to be, and then it was better. You need to let me know when you'll be home and I'll bring you over a plate!
Post a Comment