First of all, I have to explain that Carter loves video games, especially The Legend of Zelda. He has this great knack at video games and puzzle solving. His memory is amazing - sometimes when I play with him and I can't remember what direction something is, he knows exactly where to go. Keep this in mind while you read on about this morning's early rising.
5:32 a.m. Riley at my bedside, "Sleep with you?" I let him climb in and I attempt to fall back to sleep. This is too early even by my standards.
5:38 a.m. "Drink," says Riley.
"It's in on your changing table shelf, Ri," I mumble.
"You get it," he demands.
"I'm trying to go back to sleep, you go get it," I mumble again. He turns his pout on and stalks out of the room to get his water. While he is opening the door to his and Carter's room, I hear Carter just whimpering. Riley races back in and in a breathy voice says, "Carter.....cry.....Carter.....sad!" (Whenever something is important or very exciting Riley always takes a very long pause between each word. Sometimes the pause is filled with silence, other times it is filled with complete gibberish.) So, I hop out of bed (the best I can at 5:40 in the morning) and head to Carter to see what the matter is.
"What's wrong, Carter?" I ask.
"I had a dream that I erased all the Zeldas!" he cries! It was just too much work not to laugh at that, so I had a quick giggle and brought him to bed with me. I tried to go back to sleep but between Carter laying with me, which is not a restful situation, Riley demanding breakfast, and two cats vying for position on the bed, I wasn't very successful. C'est la vie. Sigh.
8 comments:
Only little boys have nightmares like that...how funny. Elora always crawls into my bed in the morning, but usually its not before 6:30, and hopefully not before 7:30! Especially if I've already got up to get Joshua and he just got back to sleep.
That is so funny! I can't tell you how many times a day I hear 'you do it' or 'you get it' from Garrett. I love that Carter was so upset about the video game...I don't know, some adults I've seen might be that upset too. Allyson woke up at 4:00 the other morning, she said she couldn't go back to sleep because she forgot who our president is, as soon as I told her, everything was right with the world again and she went back to sleep. I couldn't go back to sleep after that because I was laughing about it. Don't you just love the odd questions they have in the middle of the night. Kids are so funny.
Tearese - Yeah, it's a good thing I'm a morning person, otherwise I never would have survived. All of my kids are early morning kids, with the exception of Carter - but his idea of sleeping in is 8:00. I won't complain.
Steph - Ditto on hearing 'you do it' way too many times during the day! I can't wait to tell Ben the story about Allyson. She is such a hoot! I will call soon!
What a cute story! I can't say I've ever had a nightmare about Zelda, but I have had panic dreams about really silly stuff. In the morning I give myself a hard time about worrying so much about something so silly. I'm trying to think of an example, but it hasn't happened for awhile and I have a horrible memory!
P.S. I like your new background, too!
Julie - I have weird dreams, too. Nothing about Zelda either, but really strange. Like aliens attacking Wal-Mart and I was trying to get out of the store with a gallon of milk without paying for it, and even though the store was being destroyed by the aliens and people were screaming everywhere the managers were more concerned with me not paying for my milk and they were chasing me out of the building. My mom has really odd dreams, too. I think it's hereditary.
5:38 a.m. "Drink," says Riley.
There's a kid after my own heart!
Gregg - Yeah, and Dad. Let's hope he picks another path, shall we?! ;)
Post a Comment