Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Clean-up Week

This week must have been my week to clean up large messes!

Monday: I had just given Riley and Carter a pudding after their dinner. The doorbell rings, and there is a nice young man selling The Living Scriptures door to door. I invited him in and he gave me his little sales pitch.

During this time I suddenly heard Riley making noises that did not sound like a toddler eating pudding. I asked Melanie to go in and check on him. She did, then came into the living room and said, "Mom, you don't want to know what he did, but I'll clean it up." Let's just say he made free use of his pudding under the lack of parental supervision. If that guy wouldn't have been there, I would have taken a picture. He was the pudding monster. And, of course, it was chocolate pudding, and Riley was wearing a yellow shirt. Go figure!

Tuesday: I let Melanie have a sleepover with two of her cousins. Everything was going fine. I finally tucked them in at about 11:00 and went to bed.

Forty minutes later Melanie and one of the cousins came into my room and say, "*Susie just threw up." And they weren't kidding. The poor girl! And we happened to have red Kool-Aid with dinner. Another go figure!

Needless to say, I cleaned my house from top to bottom today. The only thing I didn't do was shampoo the carpet, but that was only because my back is not doing so well. I'll have Ben shampoo the carpet tomorrow when he gets home.

*Some names have been changed to protect the innocent.

4 comments:

tearese said...

oh yuck, cleaning up some other kids throw up has got to be ten times worse than cleaning your own kid's!

Mellissa said...

Tearese - Honestly, after all the morning sickness I had with all of my pregnancies, cleaning up some other kids' throw up is just as bad as cleaning up my own.

julie said...

Teehee. I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't laugh, but I bet Riley was a sight to see with pudding all over! I feel bad for "Suzie" though. I hope she's feeling better!

Mellissa said...

Julie - All my kids have experimented with 'pudding paint' at one time or another, but nothing like Riley! I really regret not snapping a photo!