Tomorrow Ben and I will celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary! He has today, this weekend, and all of next week off from work, which will be a great anniversary gift. I just wanted to post a few of the many reasons I love him.
He's a hard worker. He leaves us four days out of each week to work his job. I know it must be lonely when he has down time. I truly appreciate his sacrifice.
He still makes me laugh.
He still loves the way I look - even after three kids and 11 years of marriage! ;)
He changes just as many diapers as I do - without complaint.
He bakes awfully good desserts. His turtle cheesecake is naughty!
He gives of his time and service to others very freely. He always offers to help someone, and I sit and think, "Well, why didn't I do that?" That's just Ben.
He is my kid's dad. Not just someone I leave them with when I go out. He loves our kids!
He is a nerdy geologist. It's one of those quirks that makes him lovable in a cute, nerdy way.
He takes his job as provider very seriously. Over the past few years, I have noticed the weight of that responsibility upon his shoulders and I am thankful he takes that on with hard work and perseverance and hard work. ("You said hard work twice!" "That's because it takes twice as much hard work as perseverance!" Chicken Run)
He understands my need for female friendship and never complains or gets irritated with my need for socializing.
He puts up with me. Enough said.
He puts up with my family. Enough said.
And best of all, he is still my best friend. I honestly don't know where I would be in my life if I hadn't married him. He takes such good care of me - I'm spoiled.
I love you, Ben. Happy Anniversary.
8 comments:
Congrats on 11 years!! Can you believe that it have been that long?! I wonder sometimes were the time went, because I don't remember the time flying be so fast!
Hope you guys do something fun, while you have him home to yourself for the next week!
happy anniversary! I remember your wedding..I was a slave in the kitchen. Just kidding. Kind of. What I really remember is someone I liked was over at the church helping you guys, and I was watching from my house all. day.
Have a fun anniversary!
Melissa - Thanks! I think it's a combination of being married for 11 years and having a ten-year-old that freak me out most.
Tearese - Thank you, too. I'm sorry you were a slave in the kitchen. It's horrible because I don't remember much from that day - I have a poor memory. What I want to know is who you had your eye on that day? ;)
Wow, I can hardly believe it has been that long. I was looking at picutres from your reception the other day, I need to make a CD of the pictures for you guys.
okay I'm totally a dork. I shouldn't have said anything. I'm married now so.....
Lori - I can't believe it's been 11 years, either. It just goes by so quickly. Ahhhh, to look like I did 11 years ago. Sigh.
Tearese - You are not a dork, I just think it's funny you remember that. Just because you're married now, doesn't mean you have to forget all the boys you liked before you even met Joseph. And, we all did ridiculous things for boys when we were young. I definitely did my fair share!
Have a wonderful anniversary. It's nice to have the right one next to you at night, doesn't it. Some of us have to learn to do it right the second time, but it's certainly worth it!
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!!!
I loved this post. I'm so happy that you and Ben have such a good relationship and that you're both so happy. It makes me jealous just a little bit. In the good way, of course.
I agree with Melissa - I hope you do something fun to celebrate!
Post a Comment