Monday, June 16, 2008

Getting Healthy

So the other day I was reading a friend's blog and she had written about accomplishing her New Year's Resolution of losing 16 pounds by the time her family went to Hawaii, which is this week. It really encouraged me to get on track with my health. I eat whatever I want, and I never exercise. Yes, I know, naughty naughty.

Well, I didn't really want to do it by myself. And it's a lot easier to do it along with someone else, so I said to Ben that I bet I could lose 15 pounds before he could. "Bring it on," says Ben. I know he'll get there faster, but at least this way he is in the same boat as me, and when he is home he won't be eating 'bonbons' in front of me while I'm trying to be good.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to share this on my blog because I have read articles stating when you are trying to accomplish something important, it's best not to tell everyone because if you don't succeed there will be too much disappointment. Well, to heck with that article. Besides, not that many people read my blog.

So, I have started a sister blog to this blog. There is a link on this blog under 'Links' that will take you to my blog about my successes and failures of my goal to lose 15 pounds. Those of you who are interested can cheer me on when I do well and shake your finger at me when I don't. Go ahead, check it out. Thanks! :)

6 comments:

julie said...

Good luck with your goal! I hope you win. Tell Ben it's not nice if he makes chocolate chocolate chip cookies to try to derail you!

I love the new background!

tearese said...

oh, you sound just like me! I never excercise and eat whatever I want, because there were no consequences when I was younger! I always mention that I want to get into shape, and Joseph will say its a great idea, but the we don't do anything.
I don't want to loose weight, I just want to get my stomach to stop being so wobbly!
I look just like my mom. Bleah.

Melissa said...

I commenent on your new blog about this. Best of luck!

Mellissa said...

Julie - Thanks! Yeah, Ben's specialty is desserts, so it's kind of unfair when he starts baking.

Tearese - I am the same way. I've always metabolized food quickly, so there weren't consequences. I know one day it's going to catch up with me and I'd rather be ahead of the game than behind.

Melissa - Thanks, and I'll check my other blog.

Cardine said...

You are very clever to make it into a sort of competition with Ben.

I also need to lose weight.

Mellissa said...

Cardine - Yeah, you'd think I'd be clever to do it in competition with Ben, but he's already lost a pound - the punk. It's like that commercial that talks about the husband who stopped drinking soda and lost 10 pounds and the wife who stopped drinking soda and lost only one! Dang the men!

It was nice to hear from you!