Monday, June 2, 2008

Summer to Come

Ben went back to work this morning. Even though I miss him when he goes, I am used to him leaving. Riley was awake when Ben left this morning, and he was not used to Daddy leaving. "Stay here," he pleaded Ben, with his little lip pouting while he was trying not to cry. It was heartbreaking for me to watch, but poor Ben!

I took Melanie, Carter, and Riley swimming today with our cousins. It was still way too cold for my taste, but I suffered through it for an hour. When I said it was time to go, both Carter and Riley said "No, I want to stay." But since they were beginning to turn purple and their teeth were chattering it sounded more like, "N-n-no, I-I-I, w- w- want t-t-t0 st-st-stay." For the rest of the day Riley kept saying, "That swimming was fun!" It amazes me how kids don't notice the hot and cold weather like I do. I'm just patiently waiting for nearly 100 degree temperature and that is the time I will take a dip!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

How sad!:( I always have a hard time when my kids are crying for me.

Yeah for summer! I have yet to do anything fun with my kids, seeing how I have extra kids most days. I hope to be able to get some though and have some fun.

tearese said...

thats funny that you guys went swimming too! Sounds like we had similar experiences.

Mellissa said...

Melissa - Riley kept thinking Ben was home all day, just in a room where he couldn't see him. It was funny.

Glad your cookies turned out!

Tearese - I guess it was the day to go for a swim. Too bad it was too cold for me or I would have stayed longer!