Well, it now seems we won't be signing our papers until Friday afternoon. Apparently the RDA program (that's the type of loan we applied for, which means we didn't have to have a down payment) has, as my lender says, "every Tom, Dick, & Harry" rushing to apply for the program. That coupled with the normal month-end rush is causing the paper traffic jam.
Don't even get me started. Needless to say I'm glad I didn't get the utilities switched until Friday!
If I survive this it will be a miracle. It will also be a miracle if I ever move again. EVER!
4 comments:
sooo.. what does RDA stand for anyway?
I've been wondering if you ended up closing on Monday. Guess not. I'm sorry!
I'm getting a similar type of loan, so I wonder if I'll experience delays, too. I told my agent I didn't want to feel rushed so we set a pretty lengthy closing schedule. Today my lender was pretty optimistic about closing soon, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.
I hope your closing happens Friday without a hitch. Let me know if you need me for anything!
Well I hope that all goes well on Friday. I remember what a pain closing was, keep a smile on, it will get better, you will have a house to show for it.
Tearese - RDA stands for Rural Development something (sorry, I can't remember what the A stands for). It's basically for people like us who don't make a lot of money and who don't have a down payment. But our credit is good and we don't have a lot of debt.
Julie - I want to be optimistic and tell you that there won't be craziness when you close, but Ben tells me I'm pessimistic so I might as well play to my strengths! We were supposed to close on Monday but the RDA department is bogged down with a bunch of applicants they weren't expecting. So with them behind by three or four days, that put everyone else behind by three or four days. Our realtor, Jennifer, said we are one out of three couples she was supposed to close this week but couldn't because of backed up financial paperwork! I hope you have better luck than us!
Melissa - I have to keep telling myself that exact thing - that it will be worth it and we'll have a house to show for it. It has just taken so long that I have trouble believing it will happen!
Post a Comment