My parents are technologically challenged. That's all there is to it. Don't even ask about what it was like when they decided to be up-to-date and get cell phones. The other day my mom was trying to tell my brother I had a blog, but she couldn't remember the name and so she said to him, "It rhymes with fog." Yes. Apparently, this is my web fog.
Well, the other day my dad was trying to call in an order to Brad's. He kept calling the correct number (or so he says) but wasn't getting connected. So my mom tried. That wasn't working either. So my niece, Kristina, comes up the stairs and there the two of them sit at the table. My mom, with her glasses down on the end of her nose. My dad, with his glasses down on the end of his nose. They are both staring at the phone. It has a digital display so you can see what number you dialed.
"Is that the right number?!" yells my dad.
"I don't know," yells back my mom. "Turn on the light, I can't see."
My mom says the only reason I get to laugh at her when things like this happen is because I will be in the same place one day. Oh, please no. Take away all electronic devices and lock me up with my fuzzy slippers and TV dinners. Just put me out of my misery before that day. Please.
7 comments:
It's quite simple really. They were using a teleophone; if they had a Moorse code machine, they could call in an order to Brad's. Better yet, how about a bundle of sticks to send smoke signals.
...did they plug the phone in???
Did they get taquitos with cheese? thats my favorite. And totally irrelevant.
Gregg - I think caveman speak might be best for those two. I truly hope the phone was plugged in, but with those two you never know.
Tearese - Although irrelevant, I also like the taquitos with cheese. I honestly don't know if they ever got their food ordered.
That is so funny! Thanks for the laugh. I too hope I never end up doing the things that my parents do because they are getting older. Here is my email: mcox@cedarcity.net, so you have it.
I've never had food at Brad's, that I know of. I HAVE had a lot of drinks there, though. They have a really refreshing fresh lime drink that I always get. I'm not ever sure I know what a taquito is.
Funny story about your parents! A good laugh, thanks!
Melissa - I find that I'm doing things that my mom did; things I swore I would never do! Help! Thanks for your email.
Julie - I can't believe you have never had taquitos with cheese from Brad's! Then again, I used to eat out too much. A taquito is a corn tortilla with a variety of things wrapped inside; like beef, chicken, or cheese. Yummy.
Post a Comment