Now that Ben and I have finished LOST Season Three I find myself at nights flipping through the five or six channels we have. There is not much on. I usually end up watching some PBS documentary, which usually involves one wild animal devouring another. I need something to do.
I have read all of the books in the house, which isn't saying much. Buying books hasn't been high on my priority list. I love reading, but feel overwhelmed with all the choices. I like a wide variety of books; I'll read almost anything as long as it's interesting and keeps me turning pages. Once for a book club the book chosen was a romance novel by Anita Stansfield and I said to myself, "Are you kidding me? There is no way this will be worth the read." I couldn't put the stupid thing down!
So what should I read? Does anyone have some feedback on some great authors or books? I feel very inadequate in my reading history; I haven't even read some of the classics. Maybe that is where I should start. Anyway, any help would be great!
5 comments:
Too much tv, I can totally relate. I try not to have it on too much or at all, when the kids are home from school, there is too much to do then. But I do have it on once they go to bed.
I to love to read and will also read almost anything that I can find. I can't remember the names or authors of some of the current one I have read, I will try to find them and get back to you. I try to make it to the library or bookmobile(it stops here in our neighborhood twice a month) to find good reads, my mom is a good source of books too. I am currently reading "A Train to Potevka" by Mike Ramsdell, haven't gotten to far into yet to know if it is good. I will try to find some of the books that I have read and let you know. Happy Book hunting!
Well, if you don't mind my two cents worth, there are two books that have been my favorites: Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner; and Middlesex, by Jeffrey Eugenides. Both are books that chronicle a family's journey, yet both books have a main protagonist; one (Angle) spans the 19th and 20th Century; the other (Middlesex) fits into the late 20th Century. Both are my favorite works of fiction; I'd take both of these books on a desert Island if they were the only books it could take.
As an aside, google both Stegner and Eugenides for their respective biosketches.
My, can I ramble!
Hmmmm. More books than I could possibly list here. Also, my aunt, Booklogged, has a book blog that is FULL of suggestions.
My favorite three: Fahrenheit 451, Pride & Prejudice, Les Miserables.
I also have enjoyed the Camel Club books by...crap, I can't remember and I don't want to look it up. I'll get you the author's name another time. :)
Its funny, I used to read 24 hrs a day, now I hardly ever read anything thats not a magazine (educational of course) or on the internet. Wierd. We get free cable with our apt. now, but before we didn't get LOSt very well and a friend would record it every week for us.
I have a really good book, I'll give it to you when I see you next. You may have to remind me though..you know how I am. Oh, and by the way, if you don't like it...I don't think we can be friends anymore...just kidding.
Post a Comment