Tuesday, May 6, 2008

So very tired

It has been a long couple of weeks. We are finally in our OWN house! It recorded today and it is official. Hooray! I NEVER WANT TO MOVE AGAIN! And when and/or if we do, we're waiting until our kids are old enough to pack the house for us.

We finally were able to sign papers Friday, May 2, and move that afternoon. This weekend was long. Ben had a lot of hooking up of appliances to do and so the responsibility of unpacking on Saturday fell on my shoulders. Thank goodness for my family. My mom and Ben's mom and Sally and Tonia all helped watch my kids. We had so much help from Jeanne and Tonia and Jon and Joe and Lea and Tonia's kids moving our stuff (after 10 1/2 years of marriage and three kids, you tend to collect a lot of stuff - and we downsized like crazy). Tonia was great to help me clean the house we were renting. I seriously don't know what I would have done without their help. Thank you!

Once the house we were renting was taken care of and cleaned, I could focus on our new house. Ben was a sweetheart and helped me unpack late Sunday evening, even though he had to get up at 5:00 the next morning and head to Panguitch. I love Ben, but I really love watching him when he works. It never ceases to amaze me what a hard worker he is. I love you, Jerk.

My poor kids were so out of whack this weekend, they didn't know which end was up! The past two nights have gone better - they've been getting to bed by 8:00 and that helps like you would not believe! Poor things were foster children while we were so busy this past week.

But it's done. It's ours. No more papers to sign, no more waiting for someone else. It's OVER!

I was planning to do a better recap of what went on with our move, but like I already stated, I am so very tired. What an old lady I am, tired at 9:00. Zzzzzzzz.........

3 comments:

Melissa said...

WOO-WHO! I am so glad that you are all moved and that it is over. I never want to move. We have WAY,WAY TOO much stuff to move! I don't evny you. It is so nice to have family here, isn't it. They sound like they were a GREAT help!

So we are still on for tomorrow, right? I can't wait. I totally need a break from my kids. Are we still meeting at you new place? What is the address again? Can't wait to see you!

tearese said...

congratulations! Glad its all over.

julie said...

I'm so relieved for you! I seriously can't imagine having to move with kids. As it is, I live in a teeny tiny studio apartment BY MYSELF and am not looking forward to moving. Kudos to you and Ben for surviving! And, thank heavens for family!

I'm looking forward to seeing you and your new house today!!!