Friday, May 30, 2008

Blog Post Pressure

It's one of those days where there is not a lot going on so I had a chance to sit down at the computer. I feel like I should post since I haven't in a while, but then I think nothing very interesting has happened since I last blogged. Here are some of the highlights of my week.

- Ben is home from work this week. As a private school teacher who teaches year round, he actually has three weeks of vacation. He took one this week and that might account for some of the reasons why I haven't posted in a while.

- Ben and I went to the temple Tuesday morning. I always have trouble staying awake during the morning sessions. It was great to get away, and this makes the third consecutive month we have been to the temple. Thanks, Sally and Dave!

- I let Melanie and Carter have a sleepover Tuesday night with all their cousins who live in town. That means there were four extra girls and two extra boys for a total of nine kids sleeping on my living room floor. I've been asked why I let everyone sleepover all at once. I know it sounds crazy, but Melanie's cousins are all very close in age. Melanie is nine and she has cousins that are 12, two that are 10, another that is Melanie's age, one that is 8, and one that is 5 who is close to Carter's age. If I have one kid sleepover then someone is sure to feel left out. If I have them all at once then no one feels left out, and I don't feel obligated to have a sleepover for quite some time.

- Riley bit himself yesterday. He was mad at Melanie for something but knew he shouldn't bite her so he bit himself. Yeah, he's a handful. If you ask him if he tasted very good he will tell you he did not!

- I went out with a long-time friend on Wednesday and we stayed out talking WAY past my bedtime. I've never been a night owl so anytime past 10:00 is past my bedtime. We had too much fun and it was really nice getting to know her again. You know who you are you amazing woman! :)

- Ben made his own homemade version of the Carl's Jr. six dollar guacamole burger. Mmmmm....it was quite delicious. We're having it again Sunday.

- Ben also made chocolate chocolate chip cookies. Mmmmm....delicious. I had two before I ate lunch today. Naughty, Missy!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

I don't blame you for not blogging when your husband is home, I feel guilty since James is home and I get on the computer.

Wow, how woudl it be to get to the temple three months in a row. Way to go! We haven't been...in lets say quite awhile. Maybe we should make a date of it with all the girls, one night this summer. What do you think?

Chocolate, chocolate chip cookies?! I need that recipe. I haven't found a good chocolate chip cookie recipe yet. Email it to me, mcox@cedarcity.net, yes that is the same email that I had before all my internet problems.

Mellissa said...

Melissa - Yes, chocolate chocolate chip cookies. They are kind of rich, but still delicious. He accidentally used bread flour in the recipe this time and they stayed most and non-crumbly for a few more days. It was good. I will email you that recipe and the only chocolate chip recipe I use. It's great!

Melissa said...

Love the new background. I need to update mine, now that I have faster internet.

Melissa said...

I also wanted to let you know that I made the Chocolate Chocolate chip cookies, this morning. They turned out great, thanks for the recipe. James bought me a Kitchen Aid Mixer last week and told me that I needed to use it a lot. So i have made bread, and now your cookies. YUM!

Mellissa said...

Melissa - I'm glad the cookies went well. Ben's mom bought us a refurbished KitchenAid Mixer when we were first married, and I love it! One day I would like to get the 6 qt. mixer. Sigh.

I got the link for the background from your blog. Thanks. I really like the one you chose, too!

Melissa said...

I have the 6 qt. one and it is huge. The cookies didn't even fill it up. I can't wait to keep using it.

tearese said...

yeah..lets just say we've never been to the Logan Temple. We've lived here for 10 months. But hey...half the time my baby was too little to leave alone that long!

julie said...

I swear I commented on this post! I'm sure I said something about how delicious the cookies were and that my coworker and I ate too many of them after lunch - she loved them, too! Weird!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggles to make it to the temple. Unfortunately, I don't have the same reasons as Melissa and Tearese...oh well.

I love my KitchenAid! It's so great for so many recipes! Now that I have a bigger kitchen, my KitchenAid isn't tucked away somewhere, it's right on my counter so I'll feel more inclined to use it! Yay!

Mellissa said...

Melissa - You lucky devil. One day...sigh.

Tearese - You have to remember, before the past three months the times we went to the temple were few and far between. It's really hard to get away when your babies are little, especially when there isn't extremely trustworthy people around for sitters. And if you're nursing, don't even get me started!

Julie - I'm so glad you get to have your mixer out. That was a happy day for me, too. Except I bake too much. Which might be a good thing, except my ingredient list almost always calls for chocolate!