


Julie from Mes Bijoux has nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award. I feel so honored. Like I wrote to her, it's good for me to blog, but it's great when other people enjoy what I write. So thank you, Julie, for sharing the love, so to speak.Along with the award is a meme, kind of like a tag. I always love reading these types of things about other people, and I hope you all are not bored to tears upon reading mine.
7 things I've done before
1. Lived in Vancouver, WA. Loved it.
2. Given birth to three children - one girl and two boys.
3. Was the Drum Major in marching band in high school. I would rather have marched with my piccolo but, oh well.
4. Donated blood - several times, and it always leaves me woozy.
5. Written really cheesy poems that only Ben has ever read. Thank goodness.
6. Earned a 4.0 my first semester in college.
7. Took gymnastics when I was about 12. I could even do a cartwheel on the balance beam.
7 things I do now
1. Go back to college. Finals are only two weeks away!
2. Babysit my parents. Long story.
3. Watch HEROES and wait for LOST to come back on TV.
4. Direct my ward choir. Favorite calling so far.
5. Change diapers. My plan is to potty train Riley during my Christmas break. Pray for me, would you?
6. Make cookies. I'm addicted.
7. Tell myself to be patient and grow out my hair...again.
7 things I want to do
1. Have food storage.
2. Spend more quality time with my kids.
3. Keep my house clean on a regular basis.
4. Read more good books.
5. Become debt free.
6. Get my Bachelor's Degree
7. Write a book.
7 things that attract me to the opposite sex (or to Ben, since I caught him)
1. He is my best friend.
2. He's really nice to me - even when I don't deserve it.
3. He is patient with my insane family.
4. He looks like Dean Cain. I think it's just a perk.
5. He's athletically inclined.
6. He has great brown eyes, and I always knew I'd marry someone with blue eyes.
7. He's not afraid to be himself.
7 Favorite Foods
1. Chocolate
2. My mom's homemade bread, hot out of the oven with lots of butter. Mouth watering now.
3. Raspberries
4. Perfectly ripe peaches - I'm picky that way.
5. My mother-in-law's strawberry and strawberry-rhubarb jam. Oh my. Imagine that on my mom's homemade bread. Heavenly!
6. Fettuccine Alfredo. Olive Garden's is good, but mine is better.
7. A good American cheeseburger. Preferably from Brad's with an order of fries. Or Carl's Jr.'s. Or Wendy's. Or Dairy Queen. Or Burger King.
7 things I Say Most Often:
1. Riley, stop hitting.
2. Riley, stop pulling the cat's tail.
3. Riley, what did I say about pulling the cat's tail?
4. Riley, do you need a time out?
5. Riley, don't throw rocks in Grandma Jeanne's pond.
6. Riley, what did I tell you about throwing rocks in Grandma Jeanne's pond?
7. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
Now, I'm supposed to tag seven people for this award and meme. But, since Julie stole a couple of mine I would have nominated, including herself, I don't have seven. So just be happy with who I have, OK? I don't know that many people who blog.
1. Abe his random thoughts on his way to work are sometimes funny, sometimes thoughtful.
2. Laurel she's a mom with four girls, who keep her life very interesting.
3. My Other Lori, but her blog is private, so sorry. Her pictures are great, and so is her take on life. She has six kids and I've never known anyone who enjoys her kids more.
(Here is where I run out of people because Julie already did this and I would have nominated her, Melissa - check out her tutus for girls, Tearese - oh to be able to capture things the way she does, and Cardine. Bacon, anyone?)
9 comments:
I LOVE the 7 things most said! Don't we all get like that with our kids, sometimes?! I always love reading what you write and how intuitive your are about certain things. Thanks for always making my day!
What a beautiful life! I don't think my blog is private anymore so they can feel free to venture over and read. I love the things you say during the day. Mine are similar, but they start with "Rider..." I'm excited to do this. It will put me in a better modd today:) Love ya lil Mel.
huh. Thanks for lettting me know Julie nominated me...I'll have to go see now.
I loved the Riley ones...it sounds like me, but insert "Elora."
The Heroes/Lost thing is me too.
A fun read!
I think that the things that I like reading the most on these are the 7 things that people want to do. Yours are really uplifting and good goals. They are really chill and not huge, but they're also important.
Also, please don't be offended if I don't do mine right away. And thanks for thinking that I'm creative!
I had read most of the it just not the Riley's and yes I would agree. What would we do without him.
Melissa - I wish I said nicer things to my kids more often. It's definitely something I could improve.
Lori A. - I'm glad you enjoyed it. I thought I was pretty boring.
Tearese - Glad I could pass along the word. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about their kids. What do you think about what they're doing with the Villains' stories?
Cardine - Compared to some other people's goals mine feel small. But I don't have grand designs, just mom stuff. No offense taken for not doing this on your blog.
Mom - What would I do without Riley? Hmmm....rest, relax, have some sanity (oh, wait, I still have my parents), and sleep in later than 6:30 a.m.
I love the 7 things you say most often! hahahah! I'm impressed that you could do a cartwheel on the balance beam - I could barely walk on it! Good luck with finals - I'm sure you'll do great. I've never watched Heroes or Lost but have heard a lot of good things about them. Maybe someday. I still haven't spilled the beans about your favorite calling! Mmm. Cookies! You've got to read The Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder - it has some yummy sounding cookie recipes in it! Great goals!
Julie - And I wasn't even exaggerating about the things I say. Some days it really feels like that. If I tried a cartwheel now, it would also involve a trip to the E.R. I should NOT read that book because then I'll bake the yummy-sounding recipes in it!
Post a Comment