I figured it was probably time to change my blog background, seeing as how Christmas is right around the corner! I always stress about changing my background because I do it so infrequently I usually mess up something. But, today worked out well. Even though I'll need to change it to a different season next week!
It has been such a lazy weekend here, which is good for a change. Carter had a low-grade fever Friday, which spiked to 103.8 Friday night. So our family spent Saturday just chilling - playing video games and watching Wall-E. I really enjoyed that movie. Ben made No-Bake Cookies (he's so naughty), and Melanie spent some time playing with her cousins. Carter is feeling MUCH better, but he and I stayed home from church today. I think we all know what it feels like the day after the fever.
Tomorrow is a busy day for me. I have two tests, but then I won't have any class on Tuesday, which gives me a lovely six-day weekend. I know we'll be putting up the tree next Saturday. There's no way around it with Ben and the kids. I think sometimes I am a humbug about the Holidays. I wonder if that's because my birthday is around Christmas I always felt cheated out of something, or if it's because I'm just a humbug. I really need to work on that because it's great seeing the kids get so excited for Christmas and Santa.
6 comments:
I hope Carter gets feeling better soon1 (Cute background!)
I will join you with the humbug.Ha Ha
Good luck with your tests! Have a GREAT and relaxing 6 day weekend! I don't think that we will be putting up our tree for another few weeks. I just have too many kids, and my house is too small to have it up with all the chaos sometimes. Try to have fun getting your decorations up, just think that will be one thing done and marked off your list!
Julie H. - Carter is feeling fine and will be going to school tomorrow. I can tell he is feeling better because he is fighting with Riley again.
Mom - I wonder who is more of a Bah Humbug, you or me?
Melissa - Thanks. I am looking forward to the six-day weekend. I think I worry about the tree because I'm so much pickier than Ben and I want things in a certain place and so that makes him crazy. I understand about the chaos, because not only do we have Riley, but two cats, one of which is a stinker.
I always enjoy your backgrounds. I keep thinking that someday I'll get cute backgrounds, too, but 'til then, I admire yours.
I'm glad you had a lazy weekend and it's always better when you have an excuse so you don't look back and wonder why the heck you weren't more productive. I can't imagine what I'd weigh if I had a husband like Ben! (mmm - no bake cookies!!!)
I hope you did well on your tests - I bet it's hectic with end of the semester stuff.
I'm a major humbug. Just today I told my coworker that I'm looking forward to January.
Julie H. - If it makes you feel any better I am always admiring Melissa's backgrounds. I feel like a slacker compared to her.
I already got the results of my Nutrition test back - I got an A :). And I think I did well on my math test. I hope I'll get those results Monday or Tuesday.
I'm glad to know I'm not the only humbug around here.
Post a Comment