I find today was a very random day. Most days for me are "the usual." But today just had a bunch of little oddities in it I would like to share with you.
1. FASSST Week: Hoops. Collegiate hoops. Jump, Mellissa, Jump. Good freshman! Here's your treat. Give me a break!
2. I had a headache today, which really isn't random for me. I took some Tylenol in the morning and it wasn't touching my pain. So I bought a Coke. Mmmmm. I'm trying to be good and not drink caffeinated beverages and I usually succeed, but I was not going to function very well with the headache I had. Thank goodness the Coke worked.
3. I got caught in the downpour today. I had to walk from the Science Building to the parking lot next to the P.E. Building. There's nothing quite like wet jeans. I looked like a wet dog. Hopefully, I didn't smell like one.
4. When I got to my car there was a lovely $10 ticket waiting for me for parking in a parking lot that requires a permit. I won't even get started on that one.
5. When I checked my mailbox today there was a package and a letter from my sister (who is actually my niece, but it's wrong calling her my niece, so I call her my sister. Got it?). She sent me a beautiful glass pendant she made. She is so artistically gifted it's annoying! I'll be sporting it as soon as I can make a chain that goes with it. She also sent me a great glass ring. It needs to be a bit bigger so it will fit on my middle finger of my right hand. (I told Ben it would fit perfectly on the middle finger of my left hand, but I would have to not wear my wedding ring because they would click around and drive me crazy. After seeing the look of "Are you absolutely insane?! Taking of OUR wedding ring?!" I sheepishly changed my mind) But the best part of that whole bit was the letter that was in with the package. It warms me when somebody I love tells me they love me. But it humbles and gratifies and elates when they say how much I've meant to them. I love you, Tina. You are the sister I always had.
6. I voted! My goal for the next election is to be better informed. I know it needs to be all proper and everything, but goodness, could they make some of the lingo more confusing?
7. I took the Test-Out Exam for my Library Media class. Please pray for me to get an A. I'm absolutely obsessed with getting A's. I didn't used to be and Ben totally mocks me (he has every right, as do Julie and Lori because I mocked them and their "boring report cards" all the time). I know it's a stretch for this goal, but I would love, love, LOVE to graduate summa cum laude. Thus the obsession with getting an A.
Well, that's it for my random day. It was long for me, was it long for you?
8 comments:
I was obsessed with A's. It still burns me that my only B's in college were all in Art classes.
There was a downpour or two here today too! With hail at one point.
I remember Tina. But she was little then.
Will your next post be about Obama? I'm trying to go with it and stay up to date on his run. We will see what happens. Be obsessed. It's a great goal. It's another check on the list of TO DO's of life. But if you're doing all you can and get a B, be your own therapist and remember that you have 3 kids. I took 22 credits and 16 in one summer session, and to this day I am proud of myself. I think they are milestones to building self-confidence. Now I can say I did it. But I didn't make honors. My grades the first two years were in the toilet and after that I went on a straight A's goal. I did really well, but didn't quite make honors. I am still thrilled with the other things I did. As the wise and noble Yoda say "Do or do not, there is no try." But Lori A. includes don't sacrifice your family for A's but try your darndest to get 'em.
22 credits one quarter, and then summer session took 16, just to clarify
Yes, it was a long day. Glad to know I wasn't the only one but you had variety. I didn't even know it stormed until afternoon.
I'm so glad you voted! Hooray!
There is nothing wrong with wanting A's! It will be rough, you've got a lot of added responsibilities that the average Freshman doesn't have. However, I know that you will work hard, since that's how you are, so you will succeed. Happy studying! :)
I loved watching the rain yesterday from my warm office! Teehee
Tearese - That is nuts that you and all your artistic ability would ever get less than an A in Art class. Your professors must have been delusional. Yeah, Tina is now 23. She is a Certified Massage Therapist who works at Mystic Hot Springs in Monroe. It's crazy! If you want an amazing massage it's so worth the drive. But then you'll need someone to drive you home because you'll be a lovely, relaxed pile of goo.
Lori A. - Hmmmm....I don't know what to say about Barack Obama because I don't know much about him. But I think he has a huge responsibility and a lot of pressure and I will do my best to support him. And complain, if necessary. 22 credits? I knew you were insane, but I didn't know you were THAT insane! I feel really selfish admitting this, but sometimes it's hard to give up the work for my family.
Mom - (My MIL worked all day at one of the polling locations) Take a nap! Or go to bed early. Or both.
Julie M. - Thanks for the hooray for voting. I need to be a more active citizen if I'm going to be worth my weight. I decided that if my best isn't good enough for an A, I will not sacrifice my family for it. Even though sometimes I want to. Especially when Riley is a pill.
You and your warm office. Evil cackling in the background. Stinker.
Whew, what fun! At least you were doing different things all day. I just sat home watching the 5 extra kids all day, the last one didn't leave until 6 pm. At least you got out of the house, lucky you!
I'm sorry you didn't get out of the house that day. I have to say, I think what you do is so much harder than what I do! I would be COMPLETELY INSANE with five extra kids at my house all day long!
Post a Comment