I followed his advice this morning, very stubbornly, I might add. Being the day before Thanksgiving Break I didn't think I would hear back from the Dept. Chair before next week. But lo and behold, when I checked my email this afternoon, there was a reply from him. He thanked me for the email and wrote that he had checked my ACT scores and my grade transcript and agreed that my request to waive English 1010 was reasonable, and he would speak with my Academic Advisor to make sure all was in order for that to happen. I was so excited.
My excitement didn't last very long, mostly because I was thinking about swallowing the piece of I-told-you-so pie from Ben today. I wish I could capture his face when I tell him this afternoon, and then you will all know why I want to smack him around sometimes. I really and truly hate it when he's right. And usually the reason I hate it so much is because he is never smug about it. It'd be a whole lot easier to be annoyed with him if he acted like that. But, no, I'm not that fortunate.
I guess the squeaky wheel does get greased, even if the wheel is only doing something so her husband will put a cork in it.
9 comments:
I love you. I love Ben. I don't love how rarely we hang out. I think I could do with a more frequent dose of you guys - it'd be good for my psyche.
I'm so glad you don't have to take English 1010! You'll be able to take a more relevant and needed class. :)
Thanks, I love you, too, and I don't know why we don't hang more often either. I'm afraid though, we're usually good for a laugh - at Ben's expense!
Thank heavens for an understanding Department Chair! It made my weekend.
Well, getting out of that class is worth eating humble pie, I'm sure. Kudos on going back to school.
I'm glad you don't have to take the class!
Whirligigdaisy - No kidding. Thanks for stopping by!
Lori C. - Ditto my above statement, even though you should have heard Ben when I told him. Smug, smug, smug he was.
Cute background!
That is so great you don't have to take the class, wahoo!! It is annoying husbands think they know everything..even though they are usually right.
Kiersten - It was a huge relief to know I don't have to worry about that class, but it was SO ANNOYING that Ben was right!
I think its the opposite in our house... I'm always telling Joseph the easier way to do things, and he won't believe me. However, I'm very smug when I'm right.
Glad you don't have to take the class!
Post a Comment