After a day like today, (Riley was seriously on one), I needed to blog about the funny things my kids say, so I can remember than even though they occasionally make me want to pull all my hair out, I still love them.
Riley and Carter were watching me make Carter a fried egg yesterday morning. Riley told me he wanted an egg, and when I asked him if he wanted a fried egg like Carter or a scrambled egg with cheese he replied, "Scrambled eggs with cheese," and then he added, "Sir," and he saluted me like a soldier. Too bad I can't get that reaction more often from him. I also have to try not to laugh when he is sitting in time out just sobbing, "Don't leave me! It's not my fault! I didn't mean to!" Have any of you read that book No, David or David Gets In Trouble? Yeah, that's SO Riley.
Carter was snuggling with me on my lap this evening and I was rubbing his back and saying how nice it is to snuggle with him. He said to me, "Mom, don't you wish I could snuggle on your lap all the time?" Yes, Carter, I do.
8 comments:
How sweet of Carter!
Riley seriously makes me laugh! He reminds me a lot of Caden.
Julie - It's a good thing Carter is so sweet or I might think my life is sour all the time! Riley has such his own distinct personality, which is really good, even though sometimes it drives me crazy.
Yes, I always have to remind myself of the cute things kids do, especially after a super whiny day!
You are so right about wanting to remember the funny things our kids do. It makes things easier when they aren't so cute. I love that Carter wants to snuggle all the time. How cute!
I know what you mean, I wish my kids would salute me. Or at least do what I ask some of the time.
I love that Carter likes to snuggle, Allyson is the same way. She would snuggle for hours if we could. Looking at the funny things makes it all worth it. The other day Allyson asks me 'what does Pete's sake mean?' It made me laugh.
Tearese - I need to remember more often. Like when I took them to Wal-Mart yesterday. Goodness gracious!
Melissa - I am so blessed to have Carter. He is such a snuggler, and he usually knows just when I need it.
Steph - Like I said, it would be nice if he did that when I asked him to do something. I have trouble getting Carter off my lap because he produces heat like Ben. He's like a little space heater.
Cute stories! My niece used to be a snuggler and I loved it. Ah those were the days! I think it's great that you're recording this stuff.
Julie - I love my snuggly boy. I just wish my baby were like that, but he is so not a snuggler.
Post a Comment