20 Years Ago...
1. I was 10.
2. My fifth grade teacher was Mr. Greenhalgh, who made spelling fun.
3. I was a tomboy.
10 Years Ago...
1. I had been married for a little over two years to my high school sweetheart.
2. I had a beautiful one-year-old daughter, who was utterly and completely bald.
3. My husband, daughter, and I moved to Vancouver, WA.
5 Years Ago...
1. My middle child was one year old.
2. I was serving as the Enrichment Leader in my ward. (Too many decisions)
3. I was living in Sunset Ridge with a bunch of other people who had a lot of things in common with me. It was great.
3 Years Ago...
1. Ben got a job in Panguitch teaching 7-12 grade sciences.
2. Our family moved to Panguitch.
3. I had Riley. (These three things happened within two weeks. Oy!)
1 Year ago..
1. I Moved home to Cedar City. Hallelujah!
2. Ben stayed in Panguitch during the week. Stinky. (Not Ben, the situation)
3. I felt like a single parent.
So far This year...
1. We moved for the 11th time since we've been married, and Ben got a job here in Cedar.
2. We bought our first home.
3. I went back to SUU to get a Bachelor's Degree.
Yesterday I...
1. Got a haircut. It's a bit too short.
2. Had a good time talking with my daughter, Melanie, about her day and her life.
3. Went to bed at 9:30 with a sore throat.
Today I...
1. Did well on my math review. I have a test on Monday.
2. Made Riley giggle by carrying him upside potato-sack style.
3. Felt like sometimes I spend too much time in my car.
In the Next Year...
1. Make it through my first year in college with at least a 3.8. I'd love another 4.0, though.
2. I want to take a small vacation with Ben and the kids. Nowhere far, maybe just to Salt Lake to visit my brother and the zoo. Although my brother should probably be in the zoo.
3. Let my hair grow out...again.
This was the first time I've been tagged. I don't know if people will want to participate, but I tag Melissa, Lori Froyd Clark (I had to put the whole name because I started typing Froyd first), and Julie Beth. Thanks for reading!
10 comments:
That is awesome! Don't worry about the hair, I set the standard of what too short of a hair cut is. Now, dumby me, gets to let it grow out again! I like your life, it's pretty busy!! You're an awesome mom! I bet the hair looks cute!
Thanks, Lori. Did you cut your hair then? Well, remember last time when I said we should grow it out together? This time I mean it! I'm just keeping the bangs this time, I think. It keeps the front part of my hair out of my face, although I still tuck my hair behind my eyes - a very annoying habit.
I thought you saw my hair? Was it not cut when we came by you new home? If not, it's plenty short. It's not even long enough to call a bob!!!! Oh Well! Yes, we will be growing it out together. How long is your hair. Or should I say how short?
I did a tag like this a while ago; its fun to see what you've been doing! I was in your fifth grade class.
That would be crazy, all that stuff when Riley was born! We were supposed to move when Josh was born, but we decided it was worth it to pay the extra money to stay one more month in our apt, so I could recover more.
I love reading these posts. I always think I'll do one, but I never do. I'll look for you tomorrow at Stake Conference so I can check out your new haircut. I'm sure it looks great - you always look pretty!
Tearese - Didn't you love Mr. Greenhalgh? He's now the principal at East Elementary. Melanie went to Kindergarten and 1st grade at East and every time he would see me he would call me Miss Wood. I thought it was funny. And the moving while pregnant thing, a) we're not having any more kids, and b) I'm not planning on moving until my knees can't handle my stairs anymore or my kids our old enough to move everthing!
Julie - You should do a post like this. It's a quick glimpse into people's lives. I wasn't at Stake Conference today because Ben and I both have colds. Wrestling with Riley for two hours when we're healthy is bad enough, but add us both feeling under the weather to that equation and it's a no go. We did watch it on the Internet, though. It's still strange to call Brother Eastmond President Eastmond. I usually end up calling him Brother President Eastmond. It's like calling Mr. Shirts "Steve." It's not right. Not that President Eastmond shouldn't be the Stake President, just that I'm not used to knowing him by that title. Sorry about the rambling. I've been in my house for two days.
I'm sorry you've been sick - me, too! :( Isn't it horrible? The weather outside is beautiful and all I have wanted to do is sit inside and read/watch tv/sleep. I'm finally feeling better, I hope you do really soon!
You can watch stake conference online??? I'm so out of things.
hey, our stk conference was today too! Elder Quenten L Cook came. Unfortunately, I was too busy trying to keep Elora in her seat and stopping her from whining to really hear what he said. And Joseph was out in the hall getting Joshua to fall asleep.
Oh well, at least we shook his hand.
Julie - Yeah, it was crazy watching Stake Conference online. Tonia called us from the stake center and gave us the address and it worked great. Granted my kids were playing video games in the background. But Ben and I heard more of it than we usually do! :)
Tearese - For some reason Stake Conference seems longer than two hours when I'm dealing with wiggly children! I know I need to set the example for my kids, but boy Stake Conference is a tough place to do so!
That was cute, I'll have to give it some thought before I post mine.
Post a Comment