Monday, September 22, 2008

I Have Issues

I think most of you already know that, but for those of you who don't know how obsessed I am with getting everything right (I hate to use the word perfectionist, but sometimes that's the best word for it) I'll tell you. I got 81 out of 100 on my Nutrition Exam and I'm trying (without much success) not to freak out and beat myself up about it. And I thought I got an A! I don't even want to think about what my History Exam score will be today! Help!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same issues... sorry I can't help.

It kinda starts to ruin your life, don't you think?

loriallen said...

Well, let's see mother of 3 going back to school after a few years...give yourself a break! I did get a bit psycho my last 2 years about GPA. I do know that you are pretty great at being exact, but you have that down and it will help you in school. The thing that won't help is the added stress of not being perfect. Figure out why you got an 81 (which I am sure you ahve already done) and learn from it. Maybe you could perfect trial and error for a time!!

Mellissa said...

Sarah - I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has issues like that! And yes, it does occasionally ruin things for me. I guess I'm kind of a glass-half-empty type of gal.

Lori A. - Thanks! It turns out the high in the class was only 86, so comparatively I did well. I just wish I would have done better. And she hasn't handed back our tests yet (some kids have yet to take it) so I don't know what questions I missed. That part is driving me crazy!

tearese said...

You're like my twin or something.

tearese said...

except my goal was always to be the class high that broke the curve.

Mellissa said...

Tearese - It's really spooky how I am so not like I was in high school, academically speaking. I never would have cared if I got an 81 before, but now it's going to drive me crazy! And I wouldn't mind at all being the high that broke the curve.