Friday, May 16, 2008

Technologically Challenged

As you can see, I decided to change my background for my blog. I like to frequently rearrange my furniture, also, but that really doesn't have anything to do with my blog.

It shouldn't have taken me as long as it did, but I tried to experiment. I found a website that had some really cute blogger skins, but I couldn't change the text color or background color. So, then I went back to the website that worked much easier for me. It's the cutest blogs on the block, I think. Anyway, it worked much better. Even though it took me a minute to remember how to change the format, and Ben finally helped me with it, it turned out better than the first one I tried.

I'm trying to stay out of the pit of the technologically challenged, but as a stay-at-home mom, I find it very easy to fall into that pit. Oh, well, computers and technology won't get me any further in eternity, right?

5 comments:

tearese said...

Yeah, I feel so out of it...I know almost nothing about html. I don't want to mess with my background because last time I changed it it screwed up all my sidebar stuff. People just a few years younger than us seem to know all about webpage stuff...I wonder if you're required to learn it in school now?
Your blog looks nice, btw.

Mellissa said...

Tearese - There is now a required Computer Applications class for all freshmen at SUU. I'm sure most people complain about it, but it would be very helpful for someone like me! Even though it's summertime, I liked the fallish colors for this background. And I don't have too much sidebar stuff, so I wasn't worried.

tearese said...

yeah...I went to that site and tried to change my blog. I did what it said, but it moved all my stuff in the sidebar to the bottom, and didn't even change the background like it was supposed to. So I changed it back.

julie said...

I like your background, too!

I'm too lazy to worry about figuring out how to change anything other than the colors. Maybe someday. Hmm...that would be a good thing to do the next time I'm bored in a hotel room!

I'm pretty tech-challenged, too, though my current job has taught me a lot about computers. When I was first hired, I felt like my boss would eventually figure out that I was grossly underqualified for the job, so when he'd ask me to do something I didn't know how to do, I'd work at it until I figured it out. Now I tell him I don't know how to do something when he asks, but I still work at it 'til I figure it out. It's been good for me.

Gregg said...

The pit of the technologically challenged? I could talk of Mom and her technophobic life; but then I'd have to realize that I don't know how to access my voice mail on my cell phone: I have to ask Cason for help. I'm beginning the long spiral downward.