Monday, December 8, 2008

25 Christmas Questions

My sister-in-law sent this to my email, but I thought it would be fun for a post.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial, but I would love a real tree once in a while.

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? The day after Christmas. I hate the tree up for my birthday.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A play stove my dad made for me. It was so cute. I have no idea where it is now.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Ben and Kristina

8. Easiest person to buy for? Riley

9. Do you have a nativity scene? No. How wrong is that?

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Christmas cards? What are those?

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't think of one.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Carol, but only the one with Alastor Sims, and A Christmas Story. The dad on that movie is the spitting image of my father, especially when is he yelling profanities at the furnace. Ah, family memories.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? For my kids, October. Everyone else, when I have money.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, for an Anderson Lumber Christmas party. It was a horrible candle set.

15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? Tonia's fudge, cheese ball, and homemade rolls.

16. Lights on the tree? Multi-colored, unfortunately. One day I'll have a grown-up tree with pretty, white lights, where the ornaments are evenly dispersed among the branches, not grouped together making the tree lean to one side.

17. Favorite Christmas song? What Child Is This? and Sleigh Ride. We played both of those my junior year in Symphonic Band and I have loved them ever since.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We stay home because that is where family is, but when we were away we traveled to our family.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Sure, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and, of course, Rudolph. (I admit I sang the song in my head)

20. Angel on the tree-top or a star? We have an angel (that's really ugly), but I want a star one day.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Pajamas on Christmas Eve, everything else on Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Going to Wal-Mart.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love snowmen, and I love both red and green, so I'm good at Christmas time.

24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? Whatever yumminess is concocted by my family. Except for Tonia's scary "fruit salads." Any food with the word "eye" in the title is not going to be consumed by me. Sorry, Tonia! :)

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Hmmmm.....a new cell phone with a keypad for texting and, as always, clothes, clothes, clothes.

7 comments:

Cardine said...

Regarding #22: AMEN, Mellissa. Amen.

Steph said...

Hey! I gave you that candle set...Just kidding. Really, you don't like Frog Eye Salad? I may have to seriously reconsider our friendship...Just kidding, it is one of my favorites though.

julie said...

This is a fun post!

A double amen for #22! I grew up with mult-colored lights on the tree so I will always be fond of them, but I love my white ones! I love fudge, too! I hope you get a new phone - I really dig mine!

Let's get together sometime this holiday season - whenever is best for everyone!

Mellissa said...

Cardine - Yeah, and add taking a few kids along, too. Serious nightmare.

Steph - I'm not going to even get started on how wrong Frog Eye Salad is, and how could you eat that? I always knew there was something a little strange about you.... :)

Julie - I'm such a control freak when it comes to the tree, but I can't wait until I have one that is MINE (I'm so selfish).

tearese said...

This was a fun list! We have to switch lights on the tree everyother year; Joseph likes color, I like white.
Thats funny thinking of your dad being in that movie.
I need to get that show. I like A Muppet Christmas Carol, and Scrooged with Bill Murray versions of that show.
You're right, Walmart is annoying this time of year!

Mellissa said...

Tearese - I'm glad you enjoyed it - I had fun putting it together. I'll have to tell Ben about taking turns with the lights. Yeah, you know the part when the dad is yelling, "You sons of...." at those stupid dogs. I have heard those words (and many other expletives) out of his mouth. I don't think I've ever seen a Muppets' Christmas Carol (my in-laws will die if they know that - it's like tradition at their home).

Anonymous said...

12. The dad on that movie is the spitting image of my father, especially when is he yelling profanities at the furnace. Ah, family memories.
I can't stop laughing-seriously too true. I need to watch that movie right now.
Love Kristina