Monday, July 14, 2008

Saturday is a special day......

Saturday was a special day! Melanie and I joined her cousins Kya, Kira, Karina, Kassidy, and Karissa, Kya's friend Shannon, Tonia, Grandma Jeanne, and Lea for an all-girl shopping day in St. George! It really was a lot of fun.

Melanie is such a good shopper. Her tastes aren't extravagant. In fact, there were things I liked that were more expensive that she didn't want/like. Oh no, I remember disagreeing on clothes was were it all started with my mother - someone help me if she turns out just like me. Ben says she's already half way there. Let's hope she gets the rest of her personality from somewhere other than my gene pool!

Sometimes, there are things I do that I know I didn't think before I acted. I had one of those experiences Saturday. Melanie and I were in one of the stores waiting for Tonia, who was trying on clothes. Melanie was walking around near us and walked near a lady who she assumed was me. She went up to her and said, "Hiiii," in her goofy little way. I'm afraid the woman probably thought Melanie was mentally challenged. Melanie came back to me with the sad tale, tears dripping down her cheeks.

In trying to cheer her up is where I had one of those not-thinking-before-I-leap moments. We happened to be in the lingerie section of the store because that's where the 'fittin' room' was. (The 'g' was missing from the word fitting on the sign - it was pretty funny. Or maybe we were all just tired by that point.) I figured sticking a bra on my head might cheer her up. I was right. She laughed and laughed. Along with her cousins and her Grandma Jeanne. The Grandma Jeanne who happened to have a cell phone with a camera. The Grandma Jeanne who used her camera phone to snap a photo of me in the above said ridiculous situation.

I guess I could have whipped off the bra and acted normal before the photo, but where's the fun in that? I let her snap away. I guess my only regret is that I wish I would have snatched a smaller bra from the rack. It was beige - and padded - and maybe like a 38D. Wow. Those are some bumps on the top of my head!

Grandma Jeanne, if you're reading this, please take pity on a partially insane stay-at-home mom of three kids. Sometimes when I get out, I act a little crazy. OK, sometimes I act very crazy. The point is, don't post that picture! I beg of you! Have mercy!

8 comments:

Mom Hunt said...

I won't but might keep it to remind you of your follies.

Melissa said...

St. George in the heat, what fun! Did you get some school things for Melanie? I need to get down and do some shopping, but that heat gives me a terrible headache and I hardly ever get headaches. I hate that HEAT!

I would love to see that lovely picture, it was be fun to post. No?!

Lori Clark said...

I want to see the picture too! There sure are a lot of K name in your family.

Mellissa said...

Melissa - The heat wasn't as bad as a typical summer day in St. George so it was fine. And we were inside mostly, too. We got WAY TOO MANY cute things for Melanie for school, but most of what we got was on clearance or good sales. I think the only thing I paid full price on were pants for my boys.

Lori - Maybe one day when I'm old and gray I'll post that picture for a laugh. Tonia has six kids, five girls and one boy. They all have 'K' names except for the boy, Alex. His middle name is Karson.

Mellissa said...

Jeanne - Thank you! Believe me, I know enough of my follies, I don't want to be reminded of the ones I forget!

tearese said...

Awe man, I was hoping YOU had a copy and were going to post it...c'mon, it'll be fun!

Julie Hunt said...

Yes, please post the picture!

julie said...

Let me add my voice to the many who are requesting a look-see at this pictures!! Sounds delightful. Come on. We won't laugh. And, if we do, you won't know about it. Teehee.

I loved school shopping when I was a kid. All those new clothes at one time with someplace to wear them (eventually, once school started). Aahhh. Those were good times.