Monday, July 7, 2008

The Fourth of July

Our 4th of July was a blast! I love the 4th of July. It's warm, there is always good food and fireworks, and my kids and Ben and I really enjoy getting to spend all day with our family.

We tried the parade, but it was so hot we only watched for about 15 minutes. After that we all went home to get on our bathing suits and get ready to have fun on the new Slip 'n Slide Grandma Jeanne just bought. Thank you, Grandma!!!


Riley played on the Slip 'n Slide for almost three hours! After he was done, he came to his dad and said, "Get me dressed." Then he went straight to sleep!



Above is a pictures of Riley hangin' with his cousins Karina and Karissa.


Here is a picture of Melanie. She's a bit cold as she hasn't quite got used to the cold water! They all eventually got used to the cold water - it's a good thing the day was so warm!

Carter was around somewhere with Alex, his cousin who is four. They played a lot of the day on the Slip 'n Slide and, of course, had to take a break to play a video game or two before coming outside again. I don't know how those two did it with getting used to the cold once and then doing it all over again. No thank you!

I wish I would have remembered my camera. These pictures are courtesy of Grandma Jeanne. Thanks again, Grandma!


5 comments:

Melissa said...

What a fun day! Where did you guys sit for the parade? We always sit at the beginging by State Bank on the grass, we are in the shade and didn't have too much sun. It is really nice, granted my dad usually gets there nice and early to save our spots, but he does so outta love.

Mellissa said...

We also usually sit in the shade - in front of Lunt Motor. Unfortunately, no one was there early enough to get a shady spot. And was it me, or was the parade extra crowded? Maybe I'm just getting old - I couldn't handle the sun and there were so many people! ;)

Lori Clark said...

It looks like you guys had fun. You should have come up and watched the parade with us there isn't an office anymore but we still had shade, water and cookies.

tearese said...

looks fun- Our neighbors always bring out the sprinkler or the kiddie pool, and Elora will insist on going out. I spend forever coveringher with sunblock, but then she never gets wet, she just wants to walk around in her swimming suit all day! I guess I remember doing that as a kid too.
We always sat by Lunt Motor, but never in the shade. At least there was always a spot for us because no one else wanted it.

julie said...

I love running around in sprinklers but have never caught the joy of Slip 'n Slides. I always hurt myself. Looks like your kids had fun, though, and what a great activity for a hot day!

I didn't make it to the parade. I slept. Aahh. The joy of not having kids to wake me up at ungodly hours (before 9am on a holiday)! I heard all about it from my niece and nephew, though, who had a sack of candy from the parade.