Riley is such an interesting kid. At times he can make me want to pull my hair out - Melanie and Carter never tried (or try) my patience the way Riley does. But then at other times he can make me smile and laugh like you wouldn't believe. For example...
For Family Home Evening this week we put up our Christmas decorations. It was a lot of fun, especially watching Ben fiddle with the lights just like he does every year! It's hilarious. I'm not allowed to say anything, but it sure is fun to giggle when he's working with them. ;)
One of the decorations I have is a little wooden snowman family I painted a long time ago when Ben and I only had Melanie. It's a five-piece set with a tree, a mom and dad, and two snowman kids. These pieces sit on a shelf where the kids can play with them. Riley was having fun arranging them in different spots when he suddenly stopped, came over to me, and asked very solemnly, "Can I talk to you for a minute?"
"Sure," I said, trying not to laugh. His little face was so serious!
Then he just made me want to laugh and cry at the same time when he said, "Why did you forget me?" He wasn't in the snowmen family. So I picked him up and snuggled him and told him that I made that a long time ago when we just had Melanie. He was fine, but on one condition...
The snowman family is now Mom, Dad, Melanie, and Riley-Carter. Apparently, the two boys can't be in the same room for 10 minutes without screaming at each other, but they're totally fine sharing a body in snowman form. Hey, I'll take what I can get!
6 comments:
Oh how darling! Kids really do come up with the cutest things to say. I'm glad the boys were ok with sharing a snowman body. :)
I have a beautiful patience buster and her name is Logan.
Poor little guy - I'm glad it worked out.
What a sweetie! That is great that he came up with a solution. Do you want to come over and put up my Christmas decorations!?
That is adorable:) What a sweet boy, not to be forgotten!!!! I want to squeeeeeeeze him!
Julie - He is a crack-up. And I'm glad they're happy with sharing. I figure Ben could probably make him his own snowman boy and he would be so excited.
Laurel - I guess we all have one. :)
Melissa - I don't want to put up your decorations, but I'm sure Riley would love to!
Lori A. - He is funny. Go ahead and squeeze, he'll squeeze right back. He's such a hugger.
how cute. Josh is my kid that drives me nuts! I adore his cute little face, but I hope we have no more like him!
Post a Comment