My sister-in-law, Lea, tagged me in a post a few days ago. I haven't been able to get to it because I was busy with last minute shopping (I'm usually not a procrastinator, but this year was weird) and because the post actually involved some thinking.
Her post was 10 honest things about herself. So here are 10 honest things about me. Hope you all enjoy.
1. Even though when I was growing up I used to tell people I was adopted (my dad was sometimes really embarrassing...I mean is really embarrassing), I love the funny quirks I inherited from him. Like the need to have my food piping hot, or wanting my ice cream melted just a bit in the microwave, or having the heat on full blast in the car but having the window down so I don't melt. I like those things. I also like that he instilled in me an understanding of the importance of punctuality and that he taught me how to strike up a friendly conversation with the person behind me in the line at a store. The temper on the other hand, I could do without.
2. I am nervous nowadays to wish someone "Merry Christmas" for fear I might offend their religious beliefs. I chicken out and just say, "Have a nice day" instead. I'd like to change that.
3. I have never liked my hair color. I get a lot of compliments from people and stylists who have done my hair. But if I were to choose my color, it would be a lovely deep brownish black. Or blond. Or really red.
4. I hate chain/forwarded emails. Sometimes they're funny, but most of the time my computer doesn't open them properly so they turn out to be a waste of my time. And really, will I have bad luck for the rest of my life if I don't send those to five people? I don't think so. Sorry to anyone who reads this and has sent me emails. I mean no disrespect.
5. I worry too much about what other people think of me. Way too much. Just ask Ben.
6. I enjoy cleaning my house but I hate cooking. I'm a pretty good cook, but an excellent housekeeper...when I have the time. My OCD tendencies come in handy occasionally. If you gave me the choice between the two I would pick cleaning house over cooking any day. Now baking, that's another story.
7. I have the greatest kids in the world. I know, I know, I'm biased. That doesn't make it any less true.
8. When Ben and I were first married we would always talk about what we wanted in our dream house. I had two requirements - a spiral staircase and a room with cement walls where I could go when I was angry and throw an endless supply of china. Yeah, I had anger management issues. Willardism.
9. If drinking coffee was not against my faith, I'd have a hot cup every morning. With a piece of biscotti.
10. I hope to actually use all this English nonsense I'm learning and write a book one day. I love non-fiction. I love hearing about the crazy, funny, sad, things people have gone through. I would love to develop the ability to write about those things, and write about them in a way that would make other people want to read them.
16 comments:
LOVED it! I secretly want a room with a punching bag to deal with my anger issues.
You are awesome!
I microwave my ice cream too! I have good and bad (sometimes really bad) traits from my dad as well.
So far, so good...
I am so glad to have you as a sister-in-law! I loved reading your 10 Honest Things list. :)
This was a fun post. I think you learn a lot about people from it!
Tasha - Thanks. Glad I'm not the only one with anger issues. ;)
Ruth - Thanks for reading!
Laurel - Yay, another ice cream microwaver!
Sarah - I didn't tell the really bad stuff...
Julie - Aw, thanks! I'm glad to have you as a sister-in-law, too!
Lea - I agree. I love reading posts about peoples' lives, thoughts, etc.
My comment was in reference to #10, not the whole post. :D
And that is why I love you sooooooo very much!
i had to catch up on your posts, guess I haven't been here or you've been posting more often! I love your new layout...it looks great on my computer, but does it work on square screens? I tried to change mine once and people said they couldn't see it well.
I worry too much about what people think too. I remember your dad. I like your hair. I hate cleaning AND cooking. Luckily Joseph likes to cook often, and he makes such a big mess I HAVE to clean more than I would get away with if I was cooking.
oh, and i definitely should have an anger room too, I need stuff to punch and kick and throw things at and scream at.
Sarah - It's OK - I got it. :)
Lori - Thanks! I'm glad my neurotic personality doesn't make everyone crazy.
Tearese - I'm glad the blog looks good. I worried about it on the square screens, but oh well. I'm going to have to change it soon anyway. How could you forget my dad? ;) And thanks. I'm glad I'm not the only one with anger issues.
The question is, do you remember my dad. He might be worse.
Tearese - I remember your dad. He seemed the opposite of mine - quiet. ;)
Well, honest posts like this are good every now and then because they remind me that you're not perfect. Because seriously, even though I know you're not perfect, you do seem practically perfect in every way. #5 surprised me. Really, it did.
I agree with Cardine: honest posts are awesome to read and #5 surprised me, too. I love learning new things about my friends. And, I look forward to reading your book someday!
Post a Comment