Seriously, where? HOW is it already June 28th, with only two more days in this month to go? I mean I know how, but where did June go? This Saturday is the 4th of July! I love summer, it's so nice to take a break from reality, which is what I do during the summertime, but I also hate summer because it sneaks up on me, shouts "Boo!" and then it's over!
Even though I don't know where June went it will be nice when it's over because Ben is now done with work. Yay! He worked the month of June at his school, their schedule is a little different than other Iron County schools. Anyway, he's all done, and now we're hoping to pin down some things our family would like to do this summer. Possibly visit Zion or head to the Grand Canyon. Our kids like to go out and play tennis with us. Actually, Melanie plays with us, Carter makes sound effects when he swings his racket and eventually comes up with some game involving monsters, and Riley is excellent at fetching balls. We'll definitely get out with them a couple of times a week.
I've been playing pickleball with some ladies on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. I love it! Some people (ahem, my brother-in-law Jon) think it's a sport for old people. Jon told me maybe he'll learn it when he's older. You know, when he can't quite get to the racquetball in time? I say, bring it on, Jon, bring it on. :) But it's actually a lot of fun. The court looks like a miniature tennis court. It's similar to tennis in the way you swing, except you have a big paddle and the balls are like large wiffle balls. There are a few different rules, certain places you can't stand on the court. SUU has indoor and outdoor pickleball courts, and it's free for me to play on them. Otherwise, it's only $2 for the use of the courts and balls, and depending upon who is working in the equipment cage, you can rent the paddle for free. I'm hoping to teach Ben this week. I'm even taking a pickleball class this fall. I have class during the time my ladies play on Tuesday and Thursday, and taking the class enables me to play during the school year and better learn the rules of the game. You know how people sometimes leave out the rules they don't know when they're teaching someone else? Like a certain pretty blond telling me the lines were out when she taught me tennis? :)
The only bad thing about June being over is that I told Melanie she couldn't have a sleepover until her dad was done with work. Well, he's done now, and I'm going to hear "Can we have a sleepover?" ALL THE TIME! That's fine though, because the only people we have sleepover are her cousins, and they're family so it's not stressful. Just busy. And sometimes busy is OK.
5 comments:
Isn't that the truth - summer goes by WAY to fast!
Seriously, June is gone? I'll be having a baby in like four weeks...and I'm sure thats gonna go WAY to fast for my liking!
Sounds like you have some fun stuff planned!
Sorry - I don't even remember that, at least I know better now.
Pickleball intrigues me. I can't believe I'd never heard about it yet there's a class at SUU for it! Maybe I'm not old enough to know about it. :)
I'm glad June is almost over. May and June are my busiest months. Now I'll get a moment or two to breath.
Julie H. - Summer does go by really fast, but when I think about it so does the school year.
Tearese - That's crazy that you're due so soon. Especially if you are early like you were with Joshua.
Lori - No worries about the lines. You eventually corrected the issue. :)
Julie M. - Pickleball is fun. I'd be happy to teach you whenever you have a minute. Enjoy your couple of moments of calm.
Post a Comment