Friday, July 3, 2009

I'm So Lucky

I really am. Ben and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary this month. Crazy, I tell you. I can't believe he's put up with me for this long. I think my parents are still bribing him to do so.

I got home from playing pickleball yesterday morning, and do you know what smell hit my nose? Pine Sol. For a woman who HATES mopping the floor, that is a great smell, especially when I wasn't the one using the Pine Sol. The dishes had been washed and as I closed the front door I heard the sound of the vacuum being pushed around upstairs.

I've done most of the cleaning since Ben and I have been married. Mostly because he was working and I chose to stay home with our kids, and I didn't mind (and still don't) keeping the house clean. I inherited that from my mom. But since I've started going back to school a lot of the responsibility has fallen on Ben, and he has come through beautifully. He doesn't think of it has doing this for me, but that it just needs to be done, and he does it.

And the kicker to my luck is that he made eclairs yesterday. Oh. My. Goodness. They were scrumptious. I'm not going to even tell you how many I ate yesterday, it's just embarrassing. But as Riley says, "I couldn't help it!"

6 comments:

loriallen said...

I was holding it together until the part about the eclairs!!! Now I am dying, literally, melting, as I read eclairs. I am probably gaining 5 pounds just thinking about it!!! Congratulations on #12! I want to be invited to your 50th anniversary bash!!! I wonder if there will be eclairs there?

Mills Family said...

Hi! Hey, congrats on celebrating your 12 yr anniversary! It is wierd how the years all of sudden have added up so much huh! My mom and dad are celebrating their 50th in a couple of weeks! That's so great huh! Oh, I absolutely LOVE that you've been suprpised so well by Ben's mopping, vaccuming, and cooking! That is so great!You two are a good team together!

Mellissa said...

Lori - I think Ben is trying to fatten me up so he doesn't worry about me hanging out with all those college boys! ;) It's working! Dang him and those delicious eclairs, which are now GONE! Yes, there will be eclairs at our 50th!

Lisa - Thanks! He has always been a great help around the house, but he has really pitched in the last year and shared all the work with me. I don't know where those 12 years went!

tearese said...

what a smart man, cleaning is one of the best gifts a guy could give!!
Happy anniversary!

Laurel said...

Good job Ben! That really is so sweet.

julie said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow, it's amazing how fast 12 years goes by. You two are such a great couple! Here's to another 50+ years of happily ever after for both of you!