Thursday, June 18, 2009

When the timing really stinks...

As in today I'm playing tennis in the Utah Summer Games and my back went out Monday. Needless to say, I'm a little...frustrated. That's putting it mildly.

My back is still quite tight and I'm supposed to play singles this morning at 11:00 and doubles with Kya at 2:00. And those are just the initial matches. Whether I win or lose I will be playing two more matches today.

It's not a big deal if I can't compete to the best of my ability, but it's much easier writing that fact than living it! I know there is a lesson in every trial in my life, but could I please be given the cliff notes on this one and get on with it!

On a lighter note, you know your six-year-old has been watching too much TV when he picks up a box that looks like the Splenda box (we have Carnation Instant Breakfast boxes at our house, and it looks similar to the Splenda box) and says: "This looks like Splenda no-calorie sweetener. It's just like sugar and you can put it in your lemonade and it tastes really good." I just shook my head. I guess there are far worse commercials he could have found interest in!

4 comments:

julie said...

I'm sorry about your back! I hope it loosens up enough for you to feel good about how you play...and that you win, of course. That IS horrible timing! Good luck!

And yes, there are a lot worse commercials for him to remember.

tearese said...

that would be very frustrating! I hope the match turns out all right.
We usually watch PBS so luckily Elora doesn't know too many commercials yet, its just when we watch the annoying all day cartoon channel (Noggin) that I get annoyed at the commercials.)

Anonymous said...

Hey, let me know if you end up playing Maude or Maxine or whatever her name is... she's 70-something and can really place the shots. (I played her when I played in the Summer Games in... 2006, I think it was.) She's probably still around. I hope you beat her, even if she is an old lady.

Anonymous said...

p.s. she is my inspiration, by the way. I want to be as fit as she is at 70.