Thursday, May 28, 2009

This is about as crafty as I get.

I made some magnets like these a few months ago for my ward's super crafty Saturday Enrichment thingy. Craft-challenged people like me do not usually enjoy those activities, but these magnets are easy to make and inexpensive. I already had the Mod Podge and the hot glue gun. The paper, magnets, and clear stones only cost me about $6.00. Melanie and I made about 18 magnets with our supplies. It was fun and relaxing to sit down with her today and make magnets.


These are the magnets Melanie made. She had fun and did them all by herself, except for the hot glue. I'm too much of a control freak to let her do that.




I made some for Carter and Riley, too. They had this really cute monster paper at the craft store and the boys now have their very own magnets to hang their things on the fridge. I'm not a great photographer so I had trouble getting a good shot of the little monsters (the kind on the magnets, not my little monsters).

I really like making my own because I like to be able to stick six or seven sheets of paper with the magnet. Most store-bought magnets can't handle that. But when I make my own I can use the big magnets and they are heavy duty. So heavy duty that when Carter was playing with his today he tried pulling them apart and ripped one of the magnets off.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute magnets - I got some of those from a coworker at Christmas, and I've really enjoyed them!

julie said...

Super fun! Your magnets look great. I have a thing for magnets, so maybe one of these days we could get together and you can show me how to make them???

Melissa said...

These are way easy, I am glad that you were able to make some. I have made some with my kids photos for my parents for gifts. And I also have just used magazines to find the pictures, that was fun too.

Mellissa said...

Sarah - Thanks!

Julie - They're so easy to make. Any time you want to make some, just give me a call.

Melissa - I love the idea of my kids' photos on them. I'll have to try that sometime soon.

tearese said...

Those magnets are really cool! I actually usually HATE the craft Enrichments, and often avoid them (artist does not equal craft-lover). But I could have fun doing something like that.

Mellissa said...

Tearese - They are quite easy. I think I need a different glue because a couple of the boys' magnets have come apart. Either different glue or softer boys. Yeah right!

Julie Hunt said...

These are SO cute! Will you teach me how to make them if we come in August? What do I need to bring, scrapbook paper? What else?