Months ago Melanie came home from visiting her cousins and told us about this game they play while driving. Every time you see a yellow vehicle you shout out "Bingo!" before anyone else does. It's quite an addictive game. The kids picked up on it and Riley loves to play it. Ben gets me all fired up when we go to St. George, and I literally start shouting "Bingo!" as soon as I see one. We even got my mom hooked on it, and now whenever I take her to the store she's usually the first one to spy a yellow vehicle and shout "Bingo!"
So yesterday I asked Ben how Riley did during Sharing Time and Singing Time in Primary. For a couple of months he was having trouble adjusting to his new teachers, but he's doing so much better. Anyway, Ben just chuckled and I asked him what happened.
"Well," he said, "they played the fishing game. You know, the one where they catch a fish and then sing a song?"
"Sure," I replied.
"What do you think Riley did when they pulled out the yellow fish?" he asked.
"Oh, man," I said, covering my face with my hand. "He shouted Bingo didn't he?"
"Of course he did," Ben chuckled.
It really is addictive. Just ask either Grandma Jeanne or Grandma Cathy what Riley says when they're wearing yellow shirts. ;)
10 comments:
That's so cute! And what a fun way to pass the time on a trip. I'll play it the next time I go somewhere - even if it's just to Albertson's. :)
Sounds like a game the kids play here too, although they yell "tweeter", I think "bingo" is much better. I will have to tell them to say that instead!
That is too funny about Primary. Kids will say and do the funniest things when you least expect it!
I love it! THey are the flavor of Primary!!!! Bingo!!! What slick lil' nickels you have!!
I will have to remember that for when the kids get tired of playing the alphabet game or we are not passing a lot of signs. Too funny!
Julie - It's fun to play Bingo, and I promise you will see some yellow cars, even if you're just going to Albertson's.
Melissa - I haven't heard of "tweeter" but I agree, "bingo" sounds much better. Yeah, Riley is actually quite funny in Primary. I think I'd laugh more if he wasn't MY kid. ;)
Lori - He probably drives his very serious-faced primary teachers bananas!
Tasha - This game is fun, and we've made up a bunch of nutty rules to go along with it. Well, I've made rules, mostly to make Ben nuts.
kind of like the slug bug game, or when you see a car with a broken headlight, or one of those? Cute that he did it in primary.
Or to drive me crazy like the other day going to St. George, we really need to write the rules down or something! :)
I think I'm going to start playing that with the girls when we drive to the office every day.
Tearese - Yes, like the slug bug game only less violent. :) He always does crazy things in Primary.
Kira - Yeah, we need to write down the rules because I make them up whenever and drive Ben crazy!
Lori - Just wait. You think you'll only play it with your girls, and then suddenly you'll be driving with a friend and shout "bingo!" Not good.
Elijah will shout bingo even when he sees a car on TV. And in the middle of saying something in the car bingo doesn't get missed.
Post a Comment