That would be me. I'd rather take notes with a pen and paper than with a laptop. I'd rather write a letter than send an email. I'd rather heat a can of soup on the stove than stick it in the microwave.
But I've learned a lot. For example, I figured out stuff on my cell phone. Well, not a lot, but enough to help out my seriously technologically challenged parents program their phone. My mom still grapples with the idea that a cell phone can take and send a picture! Thus we can plainly see that my childhood was not abundant in technology.
Anyway, I spent the last hour working to turn my blog into a 3-column layout. I had to read, then re-read, then re-read again the instructions on how to do so. It actually worked on my first try! But then I couldn't get my stuff from my right sidebar to move to the left sidebar like they were easily supposed to do. I finally got all my information transferred, but I can almost guarantee I did it the long and hard way, and that there was surely a shortcut out there. The thing is, I would have no idea where to look for the shortcut.
So, are any of you savvy with a computer or anything with a plethora of buttons, knobs, and dials? If you are, please send your vibes my way, so that one day I will be willing and able to enjoy doing things either manually or automatically!
11 comments:
Oh, I always love reading your posts! I sit here with a huge smile on my face every time! Yes, I relate with you being tecnologically challenged! However, I do always love the technology once I've figured it all out! Hey, your blog is cute! I love the changes too!
Looks good, if you have questions next time I might be able to help.
I'm sorry, but you'll get no help from me. Have you noticed the absolute simplicity of my blog? Let's just say it's not because I'm a design minimalist - I, too, am tech-challenged. I haven't even made time to figure out how to put up a cute blog design! So, good job on figuring out the three columns - I think it looks great!
ooh, I have no idea how to do that! I felt so smart to even change my background without understanding html. And I still don't have a cell phone, so you're way beyond me.
OK, I when I was a teenager, my sister, Carey, and I were the only ones in the family that knew how to program a VCR clock, or get a stereo system working. Since then, I have always taken pride in the fact that I was pretty savvy with technology. That was until...computers! Through college (showing my years) computer labs were brand-spanking new, and I was lousy at typing. I figured it out, and claimed supremecy! I even did a senior project using my profoud computer skills! THen I graduated! Only the last 5-6 years have I recovered, if any, of my techno skills, and don't claim to be savvy, but "pretty good!"
In my dreams I am more technologically-savvy. But those are just dreams. My blog will probably never look really great. Your blog looks really nice!
Your new layout looks great! I tend to do things the hard way as well. Ben knows all about html, but if he's not around then it's just me and lots of trial and error (mostly error).
I do like your new layout. You always put a smile on my face. :)
Lisa - Thanks. I'm glad somebody is able to laugh along with me! :)
Superguy - Yeah, I'm not even going to talk about how much faster you could have done that.
Julie - Thanks. Your blog is simple in a good way.
Tearese - It took me a while to figure it out. I keep getting braver, but one day that's going to cost me, I just know it! Seriously, I think you're the only person I know (with the exception of some kids) that doesn't have a cell phone. Sometimes, I wish I didn't, but it's helpful a lot of the time.
Lori - Hey, programming the clock on a VCR takes prodigious skill! Computers are not my friends, and they suck at reading my mind!
Cardine - I like your blog - it's different and starry. :)
Laurel - I'm glad I'm not the only one who does things the hard way sometimes! :)
Julie - Thanks! It's fun to change it around.
Your blog looks great! Well done.
(And, I don't think you should put a 'can' of soup in the microwave. My grandma did one time, and it there were disastrous results!)
Post a Comment