I tried so hard to teach him to tie his shoes the way I do, but it just wasn't working. The way I tie my shoes is really weird...just like me! Thank goodness he has an awesome older sister who could teach him to tie his shoes the normal way!
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Ta-Da! Carter can tie his shoes!
So he's in first grade and he should already know how to tie his shoes. But last year we bought him shoes that stretched on, not tied on. I was a mean mom this year and told him he had to pick shoes that laced up or he wasn't getting any. He's been working on tying his church shoes for a long time, so it didn't take him to long to get it down. He was so proud of himself.
Don't you love that adorable grin?
His proud, sassy, and slightly chocolately face.
I tried so hard to teach him to tie his shoes the way I do, but it just wasn't working. The way I tie my shoes is really weird...just like me! Thank goodness he has an awesome older sister who could teach him to tie his shoes the normal way!
I tried so hard to teach him to tie his shoes the way I do, but it just wasn't working. The way I tie my shoes is really weird...just like me! Thank goodness he has an awesome older sister who could teach him to tie his shoes the normal way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
so sassy!I think lots of kids these days are learning to tie late, as so many shoes these days don't have real laces. Joseph and I tie shoes very differently, and it drives me nuts that Elora tries to do it his way- the bunny ears method.
Woohoo! I remember being so proud of myself when I learned how to tie shoes. That and blow a bubble with my bubble gum. Sigh. Those were the days.
He's such a cutie!
Okay so just deleted my comment, sorry.
Woohoo Carter!! That is great! It took Tanner until 2nd grade to tie his shoes, he just couldn't get it. Now Logan is trying to figure it out with his church shoes, although he won't have much practice with school shoes, because he has Velcro shoes.
Anyways Great job, Carter!!
Tearese - At our house, I'm the one that ties shoes differently, and so I was so glad Melanie did it the "bunny ears" method, because that's how Carter finally caught it.
Julie - He was so proud of himself. He's addicted to gum, so he's been able to blow bubbles for a while now. And those were the days!
Melissa - I'm glad it's not just Carter who took a bit longer to get that down. I'm just glad he can do it now.
Great job Carter! That's what I did with Fisher this year! I bought 2 pair of shoes that have to be tied! I thought, if I didn't the kid would never learn! But now his teachers are in for a lot of bending over back pain, because I still haven't taught him:)
That's funny! I'm just glad Carter got the hang of it. Fisher will catch on. Maybe an older sibling can teach him like Melanie did with Carter.
Post a Comment