Saturday, July 18, 2009

Fajita Marinade

I just love ward cookbooks! They always have some really good recipes lurking in their pages, and I happened upon one yesterday. I wanted chicken fajitas but I didn't have any seasoning. I looked in the ward cookbook for my current ward and lo and behold there was a recipe for a marinade. It's delicious, tastes much better than any store bought seasoning I've ever tried, and is so much better on the sodium scale. I hope you try it out and enjoy it as much as I did!

Fajita Marinade
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (I used the kind in my fridge)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp cumin

Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl. Place 2 lbs uncooked chicken (I stripped mine first) into a quart-sized ziploc bag and add marinade. Shake bag to thoroughly coat all pieces; marinate in the fridge for 30-45 minutes.

(I grilled mine in a pan and they were moist and delicious. I'm sure you could grill them and they'd also be delicious.)

4 comments:

Mom Hunt said...

Sounds good. I will have to add it to my cookbook.

loriallen said...

I'm trying it out! Sounds absolutely yummy!!

Mills Family said...

Oh Yum! I'm totally going to try it! Hey, that's funny you were thumbing through the ward cookbook. I have been flipping through the same pages for the past week selecting fun recipes to try. Love the ward cook books! I have always kept all mine from all the wards. They turn out to be my favorite recipees!

Mellissa said...

It's such a tasty recipe and so easy to make. You still get a great flavor without marinating it for a long time.