Monday, October 20, 2008

My Busy Day

Even though it was a three-day weekend, it seems like everything happened today. I like being busy, but it would be nice to spread out my to do list. Here's what I did today:

Swept and mopped my floors since that had not been done in we're not even going to talk about how long.

Vacuumed, which also had not been done in a while.

Started the laundry. I swear the dirty clothes hampers were about to take over the house. Besides, today was my last day of clean underthings. Sorry about the TMI.

Went shopping, which normally wouldn't take very long, but I was trying to buy fabric for Riley's Halloween costume and I had to stop and make a few phone calls to my mother-in-law.

Helped Ben make lunch. We made our own version of Carls Jr.'s guacamole burger. Mmmmmm. I don't like onions, but I LOVE banana peppers and so I put those on my burger in lieu of onions. YUM!

Did more laundry. I'm so glad I have the big front loading washing machine. Thank you, Sears, for 12 months no payments, no interest.

Went to my mother-in-law's (I want to say I had her help me make the costume but it's really more like I helped her make the costume). It turned out really cute. Riley wants to be Link from one of the Zelda games. He looks like the cutest little elf!

Made cookies, which are not for my family to eat. We got hit by "The Phantom" last night and we're only supposed to take one day to pass on the goodies. Now I'll have to sneak around to two neighbors' houses and drop off goodies. I hate being sneaky. I'm too loud.

I still have homework for Math and Nutrition before I go to bed. I also need to bathe the kids and watch Heroes.

I hope all of you had a relaxing last day of "Harvest Holiday." It's funny how they've named that day that instead of just saying "Deer Hunt." My professors made sure all of us remembered not to take a walk this weekend. Thus the plethora of math problems from my math professor.

8 comments:

Lori Clark said...

Wow, busy day. The Halloween costume sounds cute, I'm still working on Jael's, she is Word Girl, from PBS kids. I'm also working on my costume.

Ryan built this new computer that is hooked to the TV, it records all our shows, so I haven't seen Heroes yet, sometimes we get behind, Sunday we watched two episodes in a row of Heroes to get us caught up. Ryan keeps saying how messed up the show is, and I have to remind him that is how it was last season, but at the end it all came together and made sense.

Mellissa said...

Yes, the day was busy, but at least the laundry got done! How cute for Jael to be Word Girl! What is your costume.

I love that show, but sometimes we miss it (like last night when Riley WOULD NOT go to sleep unless I laid with him on my bed - then he was out in five minutes). We then just watch it off the Internet. I love that it's crazy and erratic because it keeps Ben from guessing what is going on!

loriallen said...

I bet your house looks and smells wonderful! We did yard work! Lance raked his 3rd volley of leaves! I would love to take pictures of all the trees but I think I left my very expensive camera at Lance Albern's football game and someone stole it! It is nowhere to be seen :( I am still moping about it. I have torn the house in hopes that I did bring it home, but no luck! As you might have noticed I haven't posted any new pics on the o'l blog. Like I said, I am still pouting about the whole thing....

Melissa said...

Well, I am glad that you got all of your stuff done. I think that I do all that most days and hardly ever have a chance to sit down. I try to get all the kids down for quiet time and then I hop on the computer for 30-45 min.

I am going to make James try to make the yummy guacamole burger. Sounds delish!

julie said...

That does sound like a busy day! I have a love/hate relationship with busy days - I love feeling like I've accomplished a lot, but I also love just relaxing with a good book and not doing anything.

I've never heard of Word Girl - what show is it? Yeah, Lori, what is your costume?

I'm going to be a witch. I'm always a witch for Halloween - it's easy and I feel okay about wearing it to work. And, it's the one day I can truly be myself. Teehee.

tearese said...

We had the real Guacamole burgers (we had a coupon) I took the onions off and it was pretty good.
I totally knew Hiro switched swords. Did you?

Mellissa said...

Lori A. I don't know if my house smells good or not because I'm used to the smell. What a bummer about your camera. Good luck finding it. I love your pictures so I hope you find it soon!

Melissa - School keeps me busy, but it's with stuff that isn't wasting my time - for the most part! The guacamole burgers are DELICIOUS! And making them at home is just as good and a lot less expensive.

Julie - I totally agree on the love/hate relationship, but I tend to lean toward the love side. Sometimes I drive Ben crazy because I'll get ants in my pants and he'll just want to sit and do nothing. Word Girl is a really funny cartoon on PBS. I think it's great you are dressing up for Halloween.

Tearese - I'm glad you enjoyed the guacamole burger. We love Carls Jr. Unfortunately the one in St. George tastes a lot better than the one here. I figured something was up with Hiro - I'm so glad. I love the villains as much as the heroes, I just hate when they mess with the true good guys. Weird what they're doing with Syler and Peter, huh?

tearese said...

yes, its weird how they're changing up all the characters so you're not sure who is a good or bad guy any more. It makes the show more interesting, but it annoys me too. For instance, I used to really like Mohinder Suresh. And I find myself being simpathetic toward Sylar. Whats that all about? Sheesh.