Wednesday, March 26, 2008

51 Things You May Not Know About Me

I read this on someone else's blog and thought it was fun. I adapted it because some of the questions were inappropriate and some were just dumb.

1. What is in the back seat of your car right now?
Carter's and Riley's booster seats, Melanie's trash that she hasn't thrown away yet, some smashed fish crackers, and probably sand since I haven't cleaned my van since our Easter trip to Cathedral Gorge.

2. When was the last time you threw up?
When I was pregnant with Riley, I think. So probably about 3 1/2 years ago. Hallelujah!

3. Name three people who made you smile today.
Riley, he was being goofy; Carter, who came up and gave me a hug out of nowhere; my nephew Alex, who was webbing me like Spiderman from his mom's suburban.

4. What were you doing at 8 this morning?
Debating on whether or not to send Melanie to school. We opted for her to stay home and rest and relax. She caught the same cold I have.

5. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Changing Riley's diaper and getting him ready for bed.

6. What will you be doing three hours from now?
Probably telling myself to go to bed instead of watching another episode of LOST.

7.
What is the last thing you said aloud?
"Not right now, Riley. We already brushed your teeth and we're not eating again."

8. What is the best ice cream flavor?
My absolute favorite is from Baskin & Robbin's and it's called Cappuccino and Espresso Concerto. But it probably has coffee in it somewhere along the lines, so I don't get it anymore. So usually anything with chocolate.

9. What was the last thing you had to drink?
A glass of milk.....with some cookies.

10. What are you wearing right now?
Jeans, a t-shirt, and my decrepit slippers.

11. What was the last thing you ate?
Cookies.....with a glass of milk.

12. Have you bought any clothing this week?
Yes, underwear for Melanie, and she would die if should knew I put that on here!

13. When was the last time you ran?
Are we talking about seriously running or chasing after children who are running toward the street? Then since the last time I played tennis, which is probably 3 years ago or more and 5 days ago when Riley kept getting off by himself at Cathedral Gorge.

14. What was the last sporting event you ever watched?
Tennis, but I don't remember who was playing.

15. Who is the last person you emailed?
Ben.

16. Ever go camping?
I used to with my family, but since I got married and had kids it means I have to clean up all the mess and that doesn't interest me as much.

17. Do you have a tan?
Yes. A permanent farmer's tan. Seriously, it will not go away.

18. Do you drink soda through a straw?
Yes, because usually it has ice and my teeth are sensitive.

19. What did your last IM say?
I don't know. I have it disabled because my computer has issues when it turns on.

20. Are you someone's best friend?
Yes.

21. What are you doing tomorrow.
The same thing as always. Send Melanie to school, run errands and try to keep the boys busy.

22. Where is your mom right now?
Just a few miles away. Probably fixing my dad supper.

23. What color is your watch?
I have a brown one and two silver ones.

24. What do you think of when you think of Australia?
Well, it used to be Crocodile Dundee. Then I had kids and we watched Finding Nemo, and now because I have become addicted to LOST, I think of LOST.

25. Would you consider plastic surgery.
Absolutely not. Yuck and gross and ouch and no thank you!

26. What is your birthstone?
Is it sad that I can't even remember? I think it's Blue Zircon, but I'm not sure.

27. Do you go in at a fast food restaurant or go through the drive thru.
Most likely the drive through.

28. How many kids do you want?
Three. Even though Riley was a "surprise" we're good with three.

29. Do you have a dog?
No, I'm more of a cat person, but I do like dogs. Except for the little presents they leave on your lawn.

30. Last person you talked to on the phone?
My sister-in-law, Tonia. She called to see if I was still alive after my couple days of a nasty cold.

31. Have you met anyone famous?
Yes. Karl Malone. He signed a hat for me when he came to Cedar City years ago.

32. Any plans today?
No. I got my laundry done and that was all that was on my list.

33. How many states have you lived in?
Two. Washington and Utah.

34. Ever go to college?
Yes, for a semester, but I am returning to SUU this fall.

35. Where are you right now?
In my basement.

36. Biggest annoyance in my life right now.
Hmmm, I don't get annoyed at much. Things drive me crazy more than annoy me. There's a difference between the two for me. So the biggest thing that drives me crazy right now is when I see Riley doing something he's not supposed to, and I say to him, "Riley, please don't do that," and then he does it again. AHHHHHHH!!!!

37. Last song you listened to?
The theme song from Ben 10.

38. Are you allergic to anything?
No.

39. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
Some brown ones I bought at Payless about five years ago. I am dreading the day when they finally give up the ghost!

40. Are you jealous of anyone?
Not people, but more likely qualities others have. Have you seen that scene in You've Got Mail where Meg Ryan zings Tom Hanks? Sometimes, I wish I had the gusto to do that when I'm frustrated with someone.

41. Is anyone jealous of you?
I highly doubt it.

42. What time is it?
7:26 p.m. MST.

43. Do any of your friends have children?
Yes, most of the people I see on a regular basis have kids.

44. Do you eat healthy?
Not as well as I should.

45. What do you usually do during the day?
Get up, get Melanie ready for school and out the door, get in the shower, get the boys occupied with something so I can practice my flute, fix lunch, lay Riley down for a nap, play with Carter, hang out in the afternoon, fix dinner, get the kids ready for bed. After that it depends on what I feel like doing. But that's my typical day.

46.Do you hate anyone right now?
No. But there is one person who still makes me crazy when I think about them. Seriously, I could send them my therapy bill for all the stupid things they said to me.

47. Do you use the word "hello" daily?
If I pass someone, I usually say "hi" or "hello."

48. What are your feelings on chocolate?
Remember the question about eating healthy, well this question is the problem. I think chocolate should be a food group, and then my dietary pyramid would be more well-rounded. No shape puns intended.

49. How old will you be on your next birthday?
25. Oh, you want the truth? Fine. 31. Are you happy now?

50. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
No.

51. How did you get one of your scars?
I was helping my mom clean rooms at the motel where she worked when I was about 10 or so. Another maid asked me to help her chase a prairie dog out of a room she was cleaning. I decided to be brilliant and try and catch it. I did. It bit me. The maid was fired. What a great story, huh?

Well, that was fun. Hope you enjoyed my craziness!

5 comments:

tearese said...

Hey Missy, hope you don't mind me reading your blog. I got here from Julie's. Its surprising how many people you can find through the blogging world.

julie said...

This was fun to read! I admire your patience - answering 51 questions! Wow! If I weren't so lazy, I'd be tempted to steal this idea. :)

I agree with you about chocolate. One of the name signs that Anthony gave me deals with chocolate because he knows I love it so much.

Melissa said...

Well I found you. Yes through Julie's blog, when were you going to let me know?! J/K! I am glad that you started a blog, it will be fun to see what you are doing. That was a fun post of the things about you. Keep it up, you will find things to post on, trust me. Now if we could only get Lori to start one!

Mellissa said...

Tearese,
I am glad you read my blog. I got to your blog one day from Julie's also. It's nice to read about what you're up to, since I haven't seen you in forever! Take care.

Mellissa said...

Melissa,
I can't find where I wrote your email that's why I didn't tell you. I did read your blog and it is cute. Your kids are so big it's crazy! I'm now attempting to post some pictures of Riley. We'll see how that goes!