Sunday, March 30, 2008

The longest hour

I was asked to play my flute for sacrament meeting today. They asked me about four weeks ago and so I had plenty of time to find a song and prepare. With the exception of a little accompanist confusion, everything went fine today. With my flute playing that is. Riley on the other hand....
He was a monster today!

They had the partition to the cultural hall open today because there were two missionaries talking. Well, Riley spied the basketball hoops. He wanted to play basketball. Now usually when he sees or wants something and he can't have it right away he says "later" or "another day." But not today. He cried and cried about wanting to play basketball. Ben took him out in the foyer and down the hall but I could still hear him crying. Finally, when I was just finishing up my musical number, he turns to Ben and says, "Play basketball another day." He would have had a much better day (not to mention his parents) had he figured that out earlier!

3 comments:

tearese said...

hey, you'll have to do some posts about your other two kids, so I can see what they look like!

Anonymous said...

See what you get for going to church! Great blog, Missy. I'll have get of my ahem and try this myself. Great story about the prarie dog. Never heard that one before; but hey, it's a great Utah story.
Gregg.

julie said...

I love your blog design! Very cute! I'm lazy and just change the colors of mine. Oh well. :)

I'm glad your song went well! I'm really impressed that you kept up with playing your flute.