It has been forever since I've posted anything. I hate getting into a posting slump, but life got so crazy during the last few weeks...okay, months, of school that I hardly had time to keep my house clean.
My friend Teona and I finished up the yearbook, so I was at the school taking a lot of pictures and helping her with whatever she needed. It was nice when we were finally done, and the yearbook turned out fantastic. So good, in fact, that the company we went with used ours as an example at the PTA Convention! Kudos to Teona, because she put it all together!
The following photos are not in chronological order. I just don't think that far ahead when I put the pictures on. But I'll do my best to let you know what we were doing.
The first few are during June 7-9, which was USG Pickleball. It was a lot of fun. Our anniversary was June 7 (15 years! Can you believe it?!), but since we were both playing pickleball that day, (and not a bad way to spend our anniversary, in my opinion), we decided to make a family day of it. We played at the Hurricane splash pad, watched Ben play pickleball, went to lunch at Village Inn (the kids love it there), played at the St. George splash pad (if you haven't been there, you should go - it was a blast), went to the St. George Temple Visitors' Center, then went back to Hurricane to watch me play pickleball. It was a long and exhausting day, but an absolute blast. Riley made friends with our friends' boys, and they played so well the whole time we were down there.
 |
| We love eating at Village Inn when we visit St. George. These pictures are very personality appropriate. |
 |
| Don't you love Carter's straw wrapper moustache? |
 |
| Riley really is this crazy! |
 |
We visited the dinosaur track museum down there. It was interesting, but in my opinion it was not worth the admission fee. |
 |
From L-R: Trudee Klein - silver, Stephanie Lane - gold, Mellissa Hunt - bronze. This was for women's singles in USG. |
 |
It was so awesome that Trudee and her husband brought their two boys down. The kids found a pile of sand and played there almost the entire three days! They were dirty, but they were happy. |
We also enjoyed the solar eclipse last month. We could have just watched it from town, but we made a little trip on Highway 56 to Old Iron Town and watched it out there. My brother and his boy, Jude, came down that weekend and went with us. It was fun to see, but even more fun to watch the kids enjoying it.
 |
What is it about kids loving the backs of trucks? Jude, Riley, and Carter all had fun hopping in and out of the back of Grandpa's truck. |
 |
And, of course, there's always a pile of rocks involved when my boys go outdoors. You should see the rock collection around my posts outside our front door. I'm surprised the HOA hasn't complained yet. |
 |
| My dad was teaching Carter how to use a shovel. Yes, I know, he's 9. He should know how by now, but we don't live where we ever use a shovel. |
 |
| Grandma Cathy and some of her crazy grandsons. |
 |
| Gregg enjoying the eclipse...or waiting for the aliens to bring him home. |
That weekend was also Melanie's concerts. Not one, but three! Band concert Wednesday night, Orchestra concert Thursday night, and Jazz Concert Friday night. She did awesome! I love how musically talented she is! She has really enjoyed band this year and is continuing in high school.
 |
I couldn't get a picture of both Jude and Riley looking at me, but they were having a blast at Melanie's concert. Especially when Riley was swinging his legs and his flip-flop went flying onto the stage. He slithered like a snake to reclaim it. It was pretty funny. |
 |
| I sure hope Jude isn't going for a lick of those feet. I know where they've been! |
 |
| I LOVE seeing Melanie playing the piano! Especially because we haven't had one in our home for most of the time she's been learning. She's so crazy talented. |
 |
It's hard to see her in this picture, but she's playing drum set, and doing a mighty fine job, I might add. |
Carter participated in his school's Arts Night. Each grade sings a couple of songs, and Carter absolutely lucked out to get Jeff Shirley for his teacher, so one of the songs they sang was written by him, and it was awesome! His grade sang amazingly! And even though the picture of him was crazy, he sang really well without too much nuttiness.
 |
| Seriously, this is Carter's personality. Always moving and always crazy. Love that boy! |
One thing I don't have pictures of is the pickleball league I played in this spring. It was Wednesday nights down in St. George, and a few of us Cedar gals played in it. It was so much fun. It was a ladder league, so each week our percentage placed us for the next week. I ended up tying for 1st place! Ben and I are doing it again this summer. It'll be a little warmer, but just as fun!
I don't have any grand plans for the summer. We'd like to get a pass to the aquatic center and visit Zion National Park. Other than that, we'll just enjoy the blessing of being close to extended family and the beautiful Southern Utah landscape! I know a trip to Yankee Meadow is on the horizon.
6 comments:
Yeah for a post! I've missed you! :) That's awesome that you got bronze. I'm impressed. I'm glad things are going good for you guys.
Hey, how fun is this post?!! So fun to catch up on your life and it is a busy one at that! Thanks for sharing!
Love this post and the pictures. Can't wait to catch up in just a few weeks! :)
I am so glad that you updated your blog! Your summer games family trip looks like it turned out to be a great one! Part of it because you played pb with me of course!! :)
Yay! It was great to read about what you guys have been up to. It is crazy how much Melanie looks like you in the picture at Village Inn! I thought it was you at first! I can't believe she'll be in high school. You're old. teehee. Also, congrats on 15 yrs of marriage! Geez, you ARE old. teehee.
Love ya!!
thanks for the update! I love seeing all thepictures of your kids, again your daughter looks so much like you!That's awesome that she can play all those instruments.
Congrats on the pickleball tournaments too!
Post a Comment