Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Bit of a Non-sequitur

While downloading my memory card yesterday I found some random photos I thought I'd post.  I love my camera, but I'm still trying to get used to the idea of taking it with me when I go places where there might be photo opportunities.  


 Riley loves Link from The Legend of Zelda games.  He made his own Link out of Jenga blocks.  Love his creativity!
 We got up bright and early on a Saturday back in December to see a lunar eclipse.  It was really neat, and even though we were all bundled up and standing out in the freezing morning cold, the kids loved it!  I don't know why my camera captured the eclipse this interesting way.
 It was so cool to watch the eclipse.  It is almost gone here.
 Here is Melanie playing piano with the Jazz Band!  I love the fact that she is playing piano!  Hopefully we'll be getting our own piano in the near future.  She sure misses playing at home every day.
 As you can see, Melanie was just a teensy bit excited to be getting Crossed for Christmas.
 And Riley was also slightly excited to get Heroica: Castle Fortaan.
 Riley with his loot.  Melanie was very thoughtful and made both Riley and Carter a foot pillow for Christmas.  They both sleep with them every night.  Riley also got a race car track, which didn't work very well, but he didn't really  care.  
 Carter got Alien Conquest Legos and a lot of things to build.  He really does enjoy Legos, and likes to make his own amazing creations.
 Melanie is so easy to shop for.  Sure, she'd love an iPod, a cell phone, her own laptop, etc., but she asked for moccasins and clothes.  I can deal with that.  She really is the most awesome teenager ever.
Poor Pumpkin didn't get anything for Christmas.  She's spoiled as it is.  Both she and Freckles love sleeping under the Christmas tree, as well as playing under the tree and knocking ornaments around.  I'm just waiting for the time when they eventually knock it down.

I hope you enjoyed the random, and somewhat late, photos.  It was a fun surprise to find them on my memory card!

5 comments:

tearese said...

Riley is pretty good at that! I didn't even realize there was an eclipse recently, hmm. Hey, I got Crossed for Christmas too! I feel totally famous that Ally signed my yearbook and said that I was smart; I'll have to show it off to my daughter if she ever gets into those books when she's older.
I didn't remember that Riley got glasses too, they look cute.
Great post!

Kendra said...

Thanks for the pictures! Glad to see you are doing well. I've started keeping my camera in my bag/purse (in it's own case so it doesn't get damaged). There's been so many times I'm glad I have it with me!

Cardine said...

I really liked the eclipse photos, even though they turned out strangely.

You make me want to take more photos. They're all great!

julie said...

Fun pictures! I can't believe how much your kids are growing up. How does that happen? :)

I love the picture of Pumpkin under the tree. Darling!

Mills Family said...

Hi there! I loved this post ....it looks like you posted this a while ago :) But, I smiled as it reminded me of so many times that I also find random pictures on my camera that I have forgot about!:) Hey, and those pics of the eclipse was really cool. thanks for posting them all ;) your family is super duper darling Melissa !!