Sunday, October 9, 2011

Random Fun With My Camera



I've been playing around with my camera again. It's fun to see what it can do, even though I'm still learning and I know I'm still not even remotely close to using all the tools. But I'm learning, and that's important, right?

I loved the way this leaf was lit up by the sun. It was like
the leaf was a little touch of gold.

I really hate being in pictures, and my face proves it in this
one. I much prefer sticking out my tongue to smiling.
Looks like someone else does as well.

It's been fun to try and bring one thing into focus while
the rest of the background is blurred. I'm still learning
how to best accomplish this. I love seeing the color
yellow so vibrant in nature.

This is Jasper, a.k.a. "The Moose." I used the green intensifier
and I love how it made his eyes and the grass stand out.
Melanie was the one who actually took this picture, and she took
it through the screen on my parents' window, which I thought
was a neat effect.

This is my "button." Actually, she's my niece, but I call
her my button. She's small and round, so button makes sense.
I adore her because she's, well, adorable. I meant to crop this one
as I don't really want Ben's ear in the photo (no offense to Ben's ear).
I think Melanie also took this one.

I really love this photo. My kids actually get along this well
most of the time, so it seemed natural to put them all on
the bench. I then used a light sepia and softened the picture.

This picture is so my daughter. I've seen that sassy eyebrow
on many occasions. I love her spunky side, especially when
she and I gang up on Ben and drive him crazy! (I don't know why
in the world this one is underlined, but I could not get it to go away!
This is not a hyperlink!)

I love this picture! It helps that Melanie is photogenic
and not camera shy. I just lightly softened this picture.

So there you have it. Random fun with my camera. I hope you enjoyed!

12 comments:

Erin Shakespear said...

Those look really really great, Mellissa! I am impressed, chickadee! :) And I'm curious....what kind of camera do you have?

Kendra said...

I have the same question as Erin. I loved the last one of Melanie too, and the plant pictures. Oh yeah, and the one of the kids on the bench. Awesome job!

Mills Family said...

Hi Missy! I loved this post. You have a natural eye for the beauty all around you! I love all the pics that you posted. It's so fun to jump into your blog and catch up a bit. I still miss you and all our fun townhouse friends and fellow valleyview ward friends(even though the ward is changed :) hee hee). Anyway, Hello to you and I'm loving the camera you have and the beautiful shots you take with it!!

Julie Hunt said...

Love the pictures, especially the sepia one.

tearese said...

These turned out great! Especially the last two of your daughter! I especially like the softening effect. One thing I don't like about my camera is it can't do the foreground in focus background blurred (short depth of field) very well. We're going to drive to Spearfish today to take pics in the canyon too, I hope the weather is as nice as yours was!

T said...

I love that last photo! It looks so good! I can't wait until I know how to use my camera! great work! Maybe you can teach me what you know!

Anonymous said...

Great pics!

So... I'm seeing pics on FB that there was another slide in the canyon. I'm guess you got these pics before that happened? Wow!

シ LAR'N シ said...

Oh Melissa!! You're family pics are so beautiful!! :)

Lea said...

Great job Miss! I love them all, I love pics when the background is softened!

Sundi @ The Life of a Cheap Chickadee said...

Ah cute! You are pretty humorous!! Thanks for helping me reach my goal of more than 3 readers ;) I am already learning an Adele song from a youtube tutorial. Woohoo! I'm glad to know where your at as well!

loriallen said...

Keep up the photography! It's lovely! Thanks for stopping by my blog. You are wonderful to me! The Hunts! That is hilarious! We hope to make our way over there sometime soon! Hunter is dying inside, just ask him :) Love ya girl!

Laurel said...

Great pictures! I love the one on the bench. I hope it's on your wall somewhere. And the last one of Melanie. Nice job. What a beauty!