It's been over 10 years since we've done family pictures! Several years ago, when all of Ben's family was in town, we took some pictures, but they were with the big group, and we didn't get a chance to take individual family pictures because Riley was sick and not happy.
It's hard to get three kids to look at the camera at the same time without making crazy faces or closing their eyes or putting their hands near their face!
Since the weather was so nice on Saturday I figured I had better take advantage of it and get out and get some photos. My niece, Kira, took all of these pictures and I took them home and did some editing. Be advised, I'm still learning.
I really like this picture by the big tree. I love Melanie's smirk. I do not love
Riley's crazy face or Carter's attempt at pantomime. (Again, this is not
a hyperlink! I must be pressing some button that is a shortcut. Hopefully
I can either figure out what I'm doing or how to undo what I did!)
This one is definitely in my choices for our family picture. Although Riley isn't smiling, he's not
making too crazy of a face either. Carter is smiling so cute, but he's not looking at the camera.
I love the black-and-white. And I love Riley grabbing his shoe. Just a smidge of personality coming through. There is light on Ben's face and Riley's face, but I think I could look past that.
Here's another one where I'd like to mash Carter! It's so cute...except who knows
what caught Carter's attention?! It's kind of creepy, because I usually can't see
how much Melanie looks like me. But in this picture I really can. Poor kid.
This one isn't my favorite because of the lighting, but most of us are making nice faces. And
everyone is looking at the same spot...mostly.
This one turned out really cute. They really are sneaky sometimes so I thought it was fitting. Especially Riley. His game every morning is to wake up and not make any noise. Then he tries to sneak up on me like a ninja. It's great. I'd like this one on the wall as a 5x7.
I really like this one as well. I wish the kids were more in focus and my hair didn't look so stringy. But I think the reflection in the granite it cool.
Love this one. It will definitely go up on the wall as a 5x7.
This one we're all looking at the camera and smiling...or at least making appropriate faces. Carter looks like he's holding something heavy. Hmmm...maybe it's his brick of a brother?
This was fun and I think it turned out cute. Of course, I wish
everyone was looking in the same direction. I wanted to post one where we
are all turned around, but no way am I posting it. My rear end next to Melanie's tiny one?
I. Don't. Think. So.
This is probably my favorite picture. I love the light and the colors. I love the berries on the vines. I love how my hair looks. I love Riley's face and Carter's giggle and Melanie's "get-over-it" face.
There you go. Please help me out and tell me which one you would choose for a family picture!
13 comments:
These turned out great! And I hear you on trying to get everyone to do what you want in the pose you want,etc. Something that helps me decide, is seeing what they look like cropped to the size you are going to get it. For instance, an 8x10 cuts a bunch off the short sides, a 5x7 cuts a little off the long sides, and a 4x6 cuts a ton off the long sides. So one picture might be good in a certain size but look horrible in another.
I LOVE the personality and lighting on the last one, I would definitely have that one up in some way or another.
I always do black and whites of my pictures and love the way they look, but inevitably I'll pick a color version for the wall. For a picture that shows everyone's face and is posed nicely, I might pick the second one. (I love your hair, by the way, it looks about the same length as mine and I always remember you having shorter hair.)
Okay, I need to look at the post again...
Okay, I looked again. I love the hugging in a bunch, and the one where you're all walking and looking behind you for a big wall picture. But I really like the fun family pic looking around the pillars, that's great! You got tons of good ones, good luck deciding!
TOOOOOOOOOOO cute! Loved them all!!! We did family pictures yesterday. I hope they turn out as cute as yours!
Those are great! I think my vote would be the 2nd and 3rd ones, in that order for family pictures. I LOVE the one of you guys kissing - like you said, colors are perfect and I love the kids' expressions. That one's probably my favorite but if you want one where you're all looking, see above. Also, not such a bad thing Melanie looks like you - I think you're both beautiful!
You did a great job. I like them all.
I think these all turned out super cute!! I love them Kira did great! My favorite for a family picture I think is the black and white where you are all lined up facing one way and riley the opposite. Soooo cute! but they are all super cute, escpecially like the kissing one at the end it really shows everyone's personailty! Thanks for posting!
Hey Miss! It looks like you guys had a fun photo shoot, on a nice fall day! All the shots you posted are great! Kira is great behind the lens! I love the one of You & Ben kissing, so classic! 2/11 & 7/11 are definitely my personal favorites as a "family picture" but just for the record, you are not allowed to post so many wonderful pictures... my salad is now filled with tears. I miss you so incredibly much. Words could never describe the dear love I have for you all. I Love you, Kristina
All of them. I guess you'll just have to change out frames for every month of the year or make a calendar of them or something!
I agree with Cardine - they all look wonderful! However, if I had to choose, I'd choose the last one. I love it!
I realized looking at these pictures that it has been a LONG time since I've seen you. You look gorgeous and I love your hair that length. Ben is as good-looking as ever. No wonder you have such adorable kids with you two as parents!
There is a gal in one of my classes that totally reminds me of you! She kind of looks like you (though not as pretty) and is kind of spunky like you. It makes me miss you.
One of these days, maybe when I'm down for Thanksgiving, we should have another get together with everyone!
Why are you and Melanie the same age in these pictures? I mean, seriously... you look fantastic!!! :)
I love the kissing one! So perfect! I predict that you're going to win a contest someday with that one. (If you enter such a contest, that is.)
Great looking family!
Dear Mellisa
Those pictures are so freaking cute! You should be aprofessional photographer.. (or your niece should anyway) especially with the ones where personalities are coming through. I espeially love the kissing one, the one where Riley is completely goofy on the stairs, and the granite one with the kids in the background.
Dang! You are all waaaay too cute :) Love Love Love the kissy kissies!!
These turned out SO cute! I want some!! Such a darn cute family!
Post a Comment