Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pegasus

As many of you know, Riley is quite the chatterbox. (I seriously have no idea where he gets it from. You know, because my father and I are so very, very quiet, shy people.)

The other day our family was all riding together in the van, and Riley was telling everyone about his scary dream he had the night before. Apparently, Curious George screamed at a clown, who then ran away. I'd be scared, too, if Curious George started screaming. Ben started to tell him how he had scary dreams all the time growing up, which usually involved Ben being saved by a wizard, who helped him escape on the back of a Pegasus. Don't ask. Just don't ask.

This didn't sit well with Riley, who turned to Ben and in an embarrassed, hiding his face and hunkering down his shoulders kind of way said, "Um, Dad. Pegasus are kind of girlie."

7 comments:

loriallen said...

OOOH! That's like Shylee telling me that I wear "Grandma Pants!" Nothing hits ya harder than a "your not cool" statement:)

julie said...

That's hilarious! I bet you all had a good chuckle about that!

I love weird dreams. I love having them, I love telling people about them, and I love hearing about other people's weird dreams, so thanks for sharing! :)

Amy said...

I love Riley. :)

Erin Shakespear said...

Burn!

Lol. That is pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

Did Riley watch Toy Story 3? That monkey could definitely give me nightmares.

tearese said...

Ha ha, poor Ben. And now the whole internet knows. Wait, is he wearing a Pegasus shirt in that class picture I drew? I'll have to look at that.
Just so you know, I read your other posts too, it just takes so stinkin' long to load on the internet here, I didn't want to comment on each one!
Good for you making the choice for your family about school, that would be hard to do, I think.

The Butterfields said...

yeah, dad.