Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Carter's 8th Birthday!

I can't believe Carter is eight years old! I thought the idea of "time flying by" would lessen with each child, but it definitely goes by just as quickly with each one.

Carter has always been such a sweetheart...and he's always been a muncher and a lover of chocolate (he's a kid after my own heart).

Here he is partaking of delectable chocolate cake on his first birthday...


(Ignore this random, albeit cute, photo of Carter. I couldn't take it off once I put it on. Me and my computer illiteracy.)

...and here he is licking the batter out of the bowl on his eighth birthday. He couldn't even wait for the cake this time. The chocolatey goodness was just too tempting and he failed to resist!

Of course Riley had to help Carter clean up the cake batter, and Carter was kind enough to let his little brother help out. They make a very messy team.

I get the same crazy look in my eyes when I lick cake batter. Especially cake batter made from Pioneer Woman's "The Best Chocolate Cake. Ever." recipe.

Here he is opening one of his traditional favorite presents - money!

His Aunt Sally was very thoughtful and bought him the scout handbook. I hadn't even thought of him getting into scouts!

Again, here is Riley helping out. He wanted to buy Carter a Mystery Hot Wheels car for his birthday. Uh huh, sure you did, Riley. Just like when men go out and buy their wives power tools for their birthday. I know your evil plan, Riley.


Grandma Jeanne was a thinker and bought Carter his scout shirt, and she sewed on the troop number...and probably the other badges, but I'm not experienced with scouts so I'm not sure. Thanks again, Grandma!
He had a great birthday. Grandma Jeanne hosted a small family pool party in her backyard. The kids had fun and enjoyed the day, and the cake (if I do say so myself). Carter is such a fun kid. He has his moments where I swear his little brain is turned off and he's completely zoned out, which he is. But when he's on the ball, he's a smart little stinker.
Carter will start the second grade next month, and I am extremely excited to see what he accomplishes this year. He's such a good friend, and his teacher told us last year that everyone always wants to be around him. He's really good to his little brother (as good as an eight-year-old can be to his percocious four-year-old brother). He's an avid math kid and reader--he's already read the first two books in the Fablehaven series, and he's slowly working on the third.
At the moment he wants to be a scientist and a video game designer when he grows up. I'm sure that whatever he puts his mind to, he'll accomplish.
We love you, Carter Dean!

3 comments:

Mom Hunt said...

Love the one year old pictures. It's fun to see them. Happy Birthday again!

julie said...

Wow, you are so old. Your second child is 8! :)

I'm glad he had a good birthday and I hope he enjoys being 8!

Erin Shakespear said...

Yay! Another cub scout in the ward! I'm so excited.

Happy Birthday Carter!