Wednesday, October 21, 2009

For the love of laundry!

That phrase is definitely a two-edged sword for me. I love laundry, it smells fabulous, but at the same time I despise it. It never sleeps, I think it breeds while I'm out of the house, and to have someone else pitch in and help requires diagrams and detailed instructions. Oi vay.

But I saw something at Wal-Mart today that lifted my spirits, as much as they can be lifted when thinking along laundry lines. . . no pun intended. I love Gain detergent but I haven't been able to buy it since we bought our front-loading washing machine because it requires the high-efficiency detergent. But now, they have Gain he! I'm so happy, I could cry. . . and do laundry. :)

8 comments:

Mills Family said...

LOL! Missy, I'm so glad that you love laundry now!...I'm bringing mine over to you IMMEDIATELY!!! :)

Melissa said...

I too have a love-hate relationship when it comes to laundry. I HATE folding and putting it away, but LOVE the way it smells! Hope you enjoy your laundry a little more now!

loriallen said...

You and I are kindred spirits when it comes to laundry....Oh the smell, the thrill of having clean, unwrinkled (haha around these parts) fresh smelling clothing to...what? put away??? Joy, gone! I love the phrase that it "breeds"!!!!! Awesome!!!

julie said...

What do you mean by high efficiency detergent? And, I have a front loading washer - am I supposed to be using high efficiency detergent, too?

I hate laundry. Even the smell doesn't make up for the tediousness. I'd like to hire someone to do my laundry for me...if I weren't very aware how pathetic that would be.

Sigh.

Anyway, I'm happy that you get to use the detergent you like! I've heard good things about Gain's smell but haven't ever smelled it personally. Next time I see you, I'll get a good whiff of your shirt. teehee

Mellissa said...

Lisa - Don't even think about it. :)

Melissa - It does smell great. Have you tried the blue bottle of Snuggle. Oh my heavens, it's amazing. I love/hate that you're in the same laundry boat as I am!

Lori - I miss you and I miss our talks about laundry. I try to get my kids to put their own away, but sometimes I'm such a control freak it's just easier if I do it. Bad me!

Julie - If I were you I would switch to the high-efficiency detergent. It generates less suds, which is good because front loaders don't use as much water as top loaders. I've used Tide and it's great, but there are other choices out there - I'm just extremely picky when it comes to the scent of my laundry! And it's so not pathetic for you to have someone else do you laundry. . . that's what my kids are for. ;)

tearese said...

I guess I'm the weird one...I hate the smell of detergents and fabric softners! When neighbors are doing their wash, I can smell it from across the street and I shut my windows because I can't stand it. I also buy scent and dye free stuff so I don't have to smell it.
I guess its just too perfumy to me!

Mellissa said...

Tearese - I forgive you. ;) That's funny to me to hear of someone doing that. I've never thought about it that way, but I understand because there are certain brands I will not buy because they smell horrible!

Julie Hunt said...

I didn't realize your love for laundry until you moved to Vancouver. :) Now when ever I think of laundry I think of you!