Friday, April 24, 2009

Last Day of School! Last Day of School!

You know, like on Finding Nemo. Except I'm excited because it's the last day of school, not the first. Come August, I'll be excited because it'll be the first day of school again, and I'm always excited for the first day of school.

Was that me, or was that a mouthful?

I'm lucky enough to only have two finals this semester. One is math and the other one is really not a final. It's just a 25-point quiz for my education class. I love that teacher. His philosophy is that teachers give too much homework - both in grade school and higher education. Bless him.

My goals for the summer? Take a nap every day. I'm not kidding about that. Don't let my kids get sunburned. Does it count that Riley already got sunburned at Grandma Jeanne's today? Oh, well. I can't win them all!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

YEAH! Glad that you are done with school for the summer. I think that you deserve a nap everyday, enjoy! My kids already have gotten a sunburn too, it has been really nice this week. It is a daily ritual at our house to put on sunscreen, because they love to play outside all day. Yeah, for summer vacation!

Julie Hunt said...

Wow! How time flies! Congrats on finishing your first year. That is wonderful!!!! :)

loriallen said...

Great job! Seriusly,take the nap every day! That might just be the favorite part of your summer!!!Well, that and ME!We will be out there the first week in June!!!

Mellissa said...

Melissa - I try with the sunscreen, but sometimes I don't think about it when they're going to someone else's house for the day. I just need to start doing it every morning!

Julie - Thanks! I'm glad I survived my first year. This semester went by much faster than fall semester.

Lori - I'm really planning on a nap every day...lazy me. I'm excited that you'll be here in June! Melanie was reading this at the same time and she is also really excited.

julie said...

Hooray for the last day of school! I hope you do well on your finals and that you have an awesome summer! Let's play together!!!

Mellissa said...

Julie - Thanks for the luck. Even though I'm not too stressed this week, I will still be glad when it is over! And yes, we definitely need to get together to play - tennis, cards, whatever! :)

Lea said...

Congratulations! I am excited for you! I am waiting for that day....only 3 1/2 more weeks for me!! It is nice when another year or chapter comes to a close cause that means another one opens.

tearese said...

I am a firm believer in taking a nap every day. Joseph's last final was today too. Unfortunately, he has to go back to school next week!

Mellissa said...

Lea - Yeah for school almost being done for you. You survived your first year. Are you as ready for a vacation as I am? :)

Tearese - I feel for Joseph. I wouldn't want to go to summer school even if I was single!

loriallen said...

I have been patiently waiting for you to change your background! It's mine now! all mine! (evil laughing follows)