Saturday, August 13, 2011

Fighting the Last Days of Summer Boredom

Summer is winding down and school is just around the corner. Do you know what that means? Very. Bored. Children. Riley was especially bored today because Carter was at a friend's house and Melanie was babysitting, so Riley was stuck with Mom and Dad.


I've been wanting to get to know my camera a little better, so I bribed Riley with Tootsie Rolls to let me take his picture.

I love these photos, especially where he starts to get a little bored with me and he hides behind the Zelda strategy guide. He's always been so expressive with his face and emotions, and I love how he's still that way. He really is a funny kid.































Riley quickly tired of taking photos inside, and since I'd promised him a ride in the car we headed over to SUU. They have such pretty leaves and tress and a nice area with rocks and a couple of little waterfalls.


I love this picture. It really shows his sweet side.


Riley doesn't like to be called nicknames, with the exception of "cool." Couldn't tell that by this photo, could you?

I had fun messing around with the B&W setting on my camera. I loved his expression here. I'm pretty sure he was dropping rocks or leaves or something in the water.

Same picture, but in color this time. I like both.

These last two are my favorites!


p.s. This was an impromptu photo shoot. His hair wasn't combed, his shirt has paint stains from preschool on it, and those white socks stick out like a sore thumb. But we had fun, and he brought home two handfuls of pine needles - one for himself and one for Carter.


p.p.s. Sorry if the formatting is weird with the small photos.

8 comments:

Julie Hunt said...

Cute photos!

julie said...

How fun to see the many sides of Riley through these photographs.

I'd let you take photos of me too if you gave me tootsie rolls. Mmm@ :)

Cardine said...

Very fun. I love that cameras have progressed to the point that average people can take excellent photos of their kids! And because they're digital, you don't have to keep the blurry ones or the ones with people's eyes closed. I love technology. And don't get me started on the joys of indoor plumbing.

Mom Hunt said...

Great photos!

Anonymous said...

Cute kid! I love his "sweet side" photo, too. I love his eyes.

Lea said...

These are soooo cute! I love them thanks for posting them!

loriallen said...

Hi again friend! I am finally finding my favorite blogs again :) I can't wait to make a trip over there sometime! I'm just hanging in Monticello, going through the pangs of being the "new guy," of which I know so well. I hope college is going well. You're kids are as adorable as expected!!!

tearese said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Did you get a pretty nice camera? I think mine is starting to die, and I really hope it doesn't because I can't afford another one right now. But I'd die if I didn't have one.
He looks so much like you when you were younger, it's weird!