This morning was a little crazy around our house. Thankfully we remembered the time change last night, but our stake conference was this weekend, so Ben was gone for the Priesthood session this morning and stayed to save seats.
The kids were really good to get ready by themselves, Carter in particular. He even got his tie on, under his collar, and his collar straightened out. Usually this boy requires multiple reminders to stay on task, but this morning he was awesome!
After I got ready this morning I got Riley ready. A couple of weeks ago he slid on his knees across the cultural hall, which is a bad thing to do at our building because the cultural hall is carpeted. Of course, it tore a huge hole in the knee, and I had to buy him a new pair of pants. When I went to the store that week to buy them, they were out of size 5 pants, so I had to get him a size 6. Last week when Ben helped Riley get dressed, he had to roll up the pants because they were a little big. I did the same thing with his pants when I got Riley ready this morning.
Right before we left the house, I noticed Carter hadn't successfully tucked his shirt in. I helped him tuck it in and noticed his pants were a little snug. This is unusual for my stick-child; seriously, that boy has hardly any body fat! I just figured he was finally hitting a growth spurt.
We parked on the street for stake conference and on the way in, Riley's pants came unrolled. I rolled them back up and continued herding in my little crew.
It wasn't until we were leaving stake conference I noticed how short Carter's pants were. They weren't that short last week. Probably because last week he was wearing his own pants instead of Riley's! Explains a lot of the trouble with pants this morning.
This is what happens when SuperDistractedBoy gets himself dressed!
7 comments:
I didn't even notice (of course he was sitting down most of the time I saw him). That's hilarious!
That was a great one.
Funny! - Jael wore Lindsey's pants to school a few weeks ago, it took her several hours to notice and call me. I had noticed as she walked into school they were a bit short and figured I'd put them away when she got home - instead they are back in the right drawer.
We had a sunday like that a few times. Everything went as planned, I dressed the younger boys, but somehow Rider decided to shake things up when he ended up at church without any undies!!! He said he went potty and got a bit on his undies so off they went!! We realized the nakedness (under the pants...whew!) when he went to shake his bootie at Lance Albern's friend, and he bent down and there was a crack, and NO Mr. Incredible underwear to cover it!!! I guess in this case, we are grateful for his naughty behavior, it may have prevented a mooning!!
LOL! That's great.
I think the most eventful wardrobe malfunctions for church in our fam was when Sam wore one one of Zoe's pink socks. Yep. Apparently those light pink socks looked a bit white in his rush to get dressed. :)
That is soooo funny! Thanks for sharing! That is crazy he fit in Riley's pants! That is really so funny!
Honestly, Mellissa, if you can make it to church without more than just a wrong pair of pants, you're doing pretty well in my book! I swear some sunday mornings the devil himself must be sitting in my livingroom as we all scramble to make it to church on time!
I just thought you should know that you brighten my day with your posts. You are funny and genuine and honest and sarcastic. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment