I've always had crazy dreams. Always. I honestly wonder if it's hereditary because my mother has had some really crazy ones. One of which is infamous in our family, but if I told you about it she just might kill me.
Not only are my dreams crazy, but I occasionally wake myself up laughing, crying, or talking. The times I wake myself up laughing are really entertaining, although I usually don't remember what was so darn funny.
Last night I had a weird dream. Not so much weird as annoying, I guess. I dreamed I was heading to play pickleball. I went inside the gym as usual, and the nets were up, but there were unfamiliar people in the gym. I set my bag down on the bleachers and decided to have a look outside to see if anyone was out there. The regular pickleball crew was outside playing, so I went back in to grab my bag, only to find out the gym was full of students. And although the nets were still up, the students were not playing pickleball. They were watching a movie! And I couldn't find my bag I left there, and my bag had my pickleball paddle inside!
Feeling frustrated I decided to go outside and borrow a paddle from some of the kids out there. As I was leaving the gym, a girl who is in the handbell choir with me shows up with her baby (a baby she doesn't yet have, by the way) and asks me to watch her for a little while. I tell her no problem and take the baby, and it's then I remember that Sandy (a pickleball friend/coach) gave me a check and some papers to take downstairs to the basement offices. As far as I know, there are no basement offices in the SUU P.E. building, but in my dream there were. I get downstairs, and no one knows who I need to give the check to. I ask several people, but no one knows because there is no name on the check. I tuck the check and the papers into a manila folder, (who knows where that came from?), and head back upstairs. I bump into the mom of the baby I've been holding, and she takes him. Only at this point the baby looks totally different than before. Before he was older, blonde, with a funny, toothy grin. Now he's younger, with dark, dark hair, and deep blue eyes. She's totally fine with the fact that her baby isn't the same, so I hand him over.
This whole time I've been dying to get outside and play pickleball, so once I pass off the little baby, I dash outside. Looks like I'll have to wait, because now the pickleball nets are gone from the outside courts!
I woke up at this part. I lay there thinking about the dream, and remembered a few weird details. One of the girls I play pickleball with was wearing a bright green shirt with a white shamrock on the front. The other detail is that the nameless check was for $75.00.
Dreams are fascinating. I honestly know that sometimes dreams are visions from heaven. They're meant to help us out, tell us something, comfort us. I just don't think this was one of those dreams. I'm pretty sure I'm just anxious to play pickleball and nervous to go to handbell choir.
But I'm telling you, if those pickeball nets are gone today or there are students watching a movie in the gym, I'm going to have the heebie jeebies.
9 comments:
Glad you got to play today after that dream.
what a funny dream! When I was in highschool I used to keep a dream journal (which, incidentally, I counted as a journal toward my YW award...) It seems like I used to have long involved dreams all the time then, but ever since I got married I feel like I rarely dream. Except for weird pregnancy dreams on occasion. I think it's because I don't sleep as deeply as I used to, because I'm always listening for kids waking up, or being annoyed by someone rolling around in them bed next to me.
I love that you wake up laughing!
wow! Talk about intense dreams I don't think I have ever had one like that where I can't remember such vivid detais. That is crazy! Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
That is so weird. My dreams are sometimes wierd too. I had one the other day on Cinderella, but there was an arrogant prince, beardless dwarves, and a band of theives. How that works, I'm not quite sure.
I agree with you about dreams sometimes being a form of revelation.
Huh... I've never woken up laughing. A couple times, after oral surgery, I woke up crying. But nothing from a normal night's sleep or dream. And sometimes I have been known to say the last thing audibly, as I awake.
You wake up laughing?! Ha! I've never heard of someone doing that before. That's awesome.
And, wow, that was some dream. I don't usually remember my dreams. Although I did have a weird one after seeing that movie Inception. Have you seen that? It has such a crazy brilliant premis.
Mellissa, I love you. :) My novella for Advanced Fiction is basically all about dreams. I might interview you for a character... ;)
I also take after you, Mom. I had a dream the other night about Curious George, a house under the ocean, and Lord of the Rings. My favorite had to be Curious George. I don't wish to explain it but all I have to say is watch out for theiving old ladies that convince you you're the man in the yellow hat...=)
I'm having fun stalking your blog tonight and catching up on your fun life adventures! Dreams!... loved this post. Well, I will have to tell you that i relate to you ALOT on dreams. I have woak up several times laughing, crying, or out of breath from almost drowning, or running away from someone, etc. Ummm, I also frequently have dreams of fying...not flying in an airplane... just me having the ability to fly. Those are my favorite dreams. They are so fun and relaxing. Oh, also, I do agree with the fact that some dreams are a form of revelation. I have had experiences several times where I've dreamed things (events) and they have played out in my life in the EXACT way. One of those experiences was that I dreamed something,and when I woak up I remembered the whole dream in exact detail...then that very morning it played out in the exact detail of events. It was the strangest experiences....it was also the worst day I'd had in my life. Glad that is over. But, I thought that was very interesting and I do think about it from time to time and am in awe over it. I have also had dreams where I've been visited by my grandma (A couple of times)...and in one of the dreams, she told me something that would happen, and a few months later, it did. interesting huh. Those were very personal experiences so I don't go into detail. But, still, interesting huh. Well, you can see that you've got me going here on the subject of dreams. Thanks for the post, it was fun to reflect on your fun thoughts tonight :)
Post a Comment