That title is truly how I feel. That freshman oomph from last year is totally gone, and that leaves me so unmotivated with school.
Ben has just started working on his master's so it's a bit hectic at our house. The only person not going to school is Riley! Melanie is doing great in 6th grade. She advanced to the pre-algebra class, which is awesome. She has definitely noticed an increase in expectations and homework, but so far she has been handling it really well. Carter is adjusting slowly to 1st grade. He's such a bright kid, and a truly amazing reader, and he's awesome with numbers, but he'd rather be home with Riley and me than at school. He's plugging along though.
My classes are fine. Like I said, I'm just trying to get motivated! I'm really enjoying my geology class...don't tell Ben. He'll try to and convince me to change my major! But that is probably my favorite class, and it's an online class, so that's saying a lot. I don't like online classes at all. I'd much rather be face-to-face with my teachers.
Sorry this post is such a boring update. I just haven't had time to write anything interesting or creative. Maybe I'll get a bee in my bonnet and get going someday soon.
11 comments:
oh, you never have to appologize for your posts...My friend, Kara, put a post on her blog that say's, "Just so....far too busy!!". And that's the whole post! We can all definatel relate huh! I bet that you guys are crazy over there with Ben in his masters degree with all the other things you guys have going on in your lives! You guys are awesome!
Keep on keepin' on! I have people who come ask me what I'm doing that day to feel better about their schedules - sounds like you can join that club.
Are you creative writing major or lit major? Are you going to be at the conference this weekend? It would be fun to see you there.
Tell Ben good luck with his masters. Is he doing just education or something else? I'll be done in May - can't wait!!!
I'm just trying to wrap my brain around the fact that you have a daughter old enough to learn algebra! Whoa... we're old!!!
I just realized I used the same word as you in your last post as I did in my last post-tidbits.
I didn't realize your first two kids were so far apart-or I did, but just haven't thought about it I guess. I thought Geology was fun too!
I'm glad you're still breathing - let me know if you ever need help in that area. *smile*
I agree with Sarah, it's absolutely amazing that we're old enough for you to have a kid in Algebra.
Good luck with school!
It's like me trying to motivate myself to clean!!! I do, I'm just not thrilled about it!!! I have started substitute teaching, well, I have finished all the requirements to, I have to wait for my background check to come back and then I get on the list. I already have some dates scheduled, thanks to having a teacher that is a friend. I'm not thrilled, but I will only do it enough to pay bills...maybe 2 times a week max.
Lisa - I can totally relate to your friend's blog. As far as being crazy here that was a pre-existing condition. :)
Tasha - Yeah, my schedule isn't that bad, but some days I feel like I need to clone myself and then things would go much more smoothly. Have fun at the conference. I'd go, but we all caught a cold this week. Yuck. Ben is doing Educational Leadership for his masters.
Sarah - Yeah, don't remind me how old we are. I get that enough as it is.
Tearese - I also noticed we used the same word in our posts. Melanie and Carter are four years apart, but we send Melanie to kindergarten when she was just barely five, and we waited to send Carter until he was six, so that added some years between the two.
Julie - I would love a break from reality, but I don't want to pass my cooties on to anyone else. Maybe next week?
Lori A. - I would so rather clean my house than do schoolwork. I don't get graded on my performance here! Good luck with student teaching. I know you'll be great at it. Who will watch Rider when you're at school?
give me your email address ok. I'm going private this time. I never seem to get it right, but it should work now. thanks!
Wow! I am amazed that both you and Ben are in school at the same time. Sam and I have an "only one adult at a time" can be in school because it is so much work! I know you guys can do it though!
I can't believe you have a sixth grader? Where did all the time go? Good luck with school, I know you don't want to hear this but someday you will miss it. I miss the days of actually learning and my brain being stimulated:) Your major is English right?
Julie - If our kids' schedules were as crazy as your kids' we wouldn't be able to have more than one adult in school at a time, but we don't have as much going on as you guys so it works...even though it is crazy! :)
Kiersten - Yeah, tell me about it. And she acts like a teenager already. Between her and my four-year-old I wouldn't be surprised if I go completely gray in the next couple of years! I do enjoy stimulating my brain, I just miss cleaning my house.
Post a Comment